Locker Room

Assets Locker Room

ivam

Reactions
ivam submitted a new resource:

Locker Room - Big locker room with moveable curtains

Hey there, I found this locker room and wanted to share it with you guys. It's part of my blender/unity - learning process and by uploading this, it doesn't become completely pointless. I was playing around with some different shaders, models and textures and tried to improve them a bit.

I wanted to make it a bit customizeable, so all the curtains are moveable and have 4 different states that can be changed by selecting the curtain and changing the asset-slider.
There are mirrors over the...

Read more about this resource...

For those who are more experienced than me:

- I used a double-sided shader to make the curtains look better but now they don't interact with the cuaVamifier plugin anymore. Does anyone have an idea why?
- emissive shader on the lights is not bright enough in my opinion. any ideas how to increase the lights?
- some z-fighting at the lamps - is there something i can do to prevent this without remodelling the asset?

This is a really nice asset, but something in it is killing FPS. Had me down around 9-10.

May be due to multiple lights? Might be worth making an alternative scene version with zero lights so people who having an issue with FPS can set up more basic lights on their own to save on performance if they need it. Otherwise I can't think of any other reason FPS would be too low.

Either way, good job & sweet enviroment.Thanks

This is a really nice asset, but something in it is killing FPS. Had me down around 9-10.
Try reducing the lights in the scene. They are all ingame lights. Just turn on hidden items and delete some of them. I am also curious if that's the problem. On my system everything works just fine so I can't test it properly myself. Maybe you could turn the lights back from "force pixel" to "auto" or reduce the shadow quality or turn shadows off completely. Also the mirrors could be a problem, just delete them instead of leaving them turned off.

Would be nice to get some feedback on this. If something helps, I will post an update with another scene with some tweeked settings.

Try reducing the lights in the scene. They are all ingame lights. Just turn on hidden items and delete some of them. I am also curious if that's the problem. On my system everything works just fine so I can't test it properly myself. Maybe you could turn the lights back from "force pixel" to "auto" or reduce the shadow quality or turn shadows off completely. Also the mirrors could be a problem, just delete them instead of leaving them turned off.

Would be nice to get some feedback on this. If something helps, I will post an update with another scene with some tweeked settings.
So I returned to the scene and turned off all of the lights and that seemed to do the trick. I was able to turn on 3 lights in the scene total and adjust their intensity and range. I also deleted the mirrors. This got my FPS back into the high 30s, which is acceptable on my PC. Cool scene!

Back
Top Bottom