Las Vegas Skybox Scene

Assets Las Vegas Skybox Scene

StardustVR

Reactions
StardustVR submitted a new resource:

Las Vegas Skybox Scene - Skybox scene of the Las Vegas skyline!

Nighttime in the Neon City! This is a skybox scene I created with five 360 degree images of the Las Vegas skyline. You may have to rotate them, of course to suit your scene. The final 2 were created for use in “mile high airplane” scenes – I thought they were a great view out the window.

In my included scene you can swap from an observation deck to an airplane cabin and easily test all the views. There is also an assetbundle with just the skybox views. (note: the observation deck was...

Read more about this resource...

Unfortunately this doesn't work in VR here or in the Cosmopolitan scene. The backgrounds give double vision.

Unfortunately this doesn't work in VR here or in the Cosmopolitan scene. The backgrounds give double vision.

I've heard from another person who said they had an odd alignment issue, but I can not reproduce it. I've tried the var in a totally clean VAM install on a separate drive. I even unzipped it to Custom/ Scene folder. Just curious - mind telling me what type of headset you use and how you connect to PC? I really apologize but right now I'm clueless. Thanks for the feedback.

Quest 3 on virtual desktop. Sometimes when I've experienced this issue before, it had something to do with the creator not removing the camera in unity, but I'm not sure of the details.
I've heard from another person who said they had an odd alignment issue, but I can not reproduce it. I've tried the var in a totally clean VAM install on a separate drive. I even unzipped it to Custom/ Scene folder. Just curious - mind telling me what type of headset you use and how you connect to PC? I really apologize but right now I'm clueless. Thanks for the feedback.

StardustVR updated Las Vegas Skybox Scene with a new update entry:

Las Vegas Skybox Scene

Had a really weird issue with the skybox looking incorrect in Quest headsets, but looked fine on a Pico4. After a tweak in Unity I tried both and it seems to be correct now. Please try this update and let me know if all looks ok. Thanks and my apologies.

Also - I used this awesome jet cabin asset and completely forgot to credit the creator, Vanredravend.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Quest 3 on virtual desktop. Sometimes when I've experienced this issue before, it had something to do with the creator not removing the camera in unity, but I'm not sure of the details.

If it actually works correctly now, it was indeed the main camera. Not sure how I didn't catch that originally, but I appreciate the tip. Saved me potential hours of troubleshooting something I'm not very darn good at in the first place. Still odd to me that it worked on the Pico4. That makes no sense to me, but oh well. Thanks again for the info.

If it actually works correctly now, it was indeed the main camera. Not sure how I didn't catch that originally, but I appreciate the tip. Saved me potential hours of troubleshooting something I'm not very darn good at in the first place. Still odd to me that it worked on the Pico4. That makes no sense to me, but oh well. Thanks again for the info.
Thanks for the fix. Finally had time to try it and the backgrounds look great enough that I may end up visiting the Cosmopolitan!

Thanks for the fix. Finally had time to try it and the backgrounds look great enough that I may end up visiting the Cosmopolitan!
Just glad to hear this scene is FINALLY working! Thanks for following up and letting me know, and the tip that solved it. And if you actually do ever go, request a fountain view in The Boulevard Tower. You'll thank me afterwards! And one other tip - get 30th floor or higher (lower than that and the giant Bellagio sign blocks that gorgeous view).

Back
Top Bottom