Juno

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Juno submitted a new resource:

Kylie - Original look with 2 body types, includes 10 make up diffuses

Happy New Year! Roll on 2021.

View attachment 25276
View attachment 25277
This is an old favourite of mine that I been looking at again recently and ended up at the forefront of my adventures in blender.

Included are 2 looks, Kylie at 18, and Kylie at 24. The younger look is as far as I could get with the morphs I had in vam when I created her.

The older look was built off the original with my new found blender powers and the morphs I have picked up since the...

Read more about this resource...

I checked both looks, and I really like them. However, I checked both looks without smoothing on in VaM. And I found that the 18yr old Kylie's mesh was a lot cleaner, and had less jaggies. You said that 18yr old Kylie was made using mostly built in morphs? And that the 24yr Kylie was made with a bunch of blender made morphs. I'm a little surprised that 24yr old Kylie has some more ueven topography, since it's heavily based on blender made morphs.

My tip to fix this (If you want to of course, no pressure) would be to export the model one final time, and just go very gently over the jagged topography with the smooth brush, set to a low strength (Something like 150 - 250), and just even out the geometry until it looks a litle bit smoother. The smoothing option within VaM can save you in a lot of cases, but in my experience making the base mesh looks better and maybe only using 1, or maximum 2 levels of smoothing in VaM is generally better.

Love her innie btw. :D

Nice model, especially the face (y). I tried to make her smile, and the notch in the middle of the lips becomes more obvious instead of smoothing out as the lips stretch. Especially noticeable on the upper lip, and it just doesn't look right. Since it's also an issue in the 18yo version, it should be pretty easy to fix using the morphs in VAM. You can try e.g. the default Mouth Smile Open morph to debug.

Last edited:
I checked both looks, and I really like them. However, I checked both looks without smoothing on in VaM. And I found that the 18yr old Kylie's mesh was a lot cleaner, and had less jaggies. You said that 18yr old Kylie was made using mostly built in morphs? And that the 24yr Kylie was made with a bunch of blender made morphs. I'm a little surprised that 24yr old Kylie has some more ueven topography, since it's heavily based on blender made morphs.

My tip to fix this (If you want to of course, no pressure) would be to export the model one final time, and just go very gently over the jagged topography with the smooth brush, set to a low strength (Something like 150 - 250), and just even out the geometry until it looks a litle bit smoother. The smoothing option within VaM can save you in a lot of cases, but in my experience making the base mesh looks better and maybe only using 1, or maximum 2 levels of smoothing in VaM is generally better.

Love her innie btw. :D
Rookie mistake, I use 4 smooth all of the time cos it costs me like 1fps and always forget to knock it down to check these things. The older look got a lot of blender in the beginning before going back to vam for sliders so i diddnt see the model in blender at the latter stages and smoothing really hid a lot. I just looked with it all off and god your right, very ugly in places. Il do a run over the model in blender as suggested! cheers for the feedback!

Edit - it seems most of this is only on the released merged version, first time I have seen that happen, should still be an easy fix.

Last edited:
Nice model, especially the face (y). I tried to make her smile, and the notch in the middle of the lips becomes more obvious instead of smoothing out as the lips stretch. Especially noticeable on the upper lip, and it just doesn't look right. Since it's also an issue in the 18yo version, it should be pretty easy to fix using the morphs in VAM. You can try e.g. the default Mouth Smile Open morph to debug.

Heya, glad you like her, thanks for the animation heads up. I'm gonna go back over the model to look at the mesh a bit later so il see if i cant sort the lip out for you, im sure its just the mouth curves morph that needs a tweak and if not il fix in blender.

Kudos on the skin repack as I could actually release the makeup diffuses for this one!

Juno updated Kylie with a new update entry:

Multiple Updates.

Added an extra variation of each version with a different upper lip curve which works better for smile pose/animation. Thanks to Everlaster for the heads up.
Updated teeth to look good with smiles.
Updated the older look to smooth the mesh and fix a number of issues. Resulpted ribcage, legs and bum and an over all smooth. there's a little weirdness left but its either necessary for the look or down tot he morphs. The mesh is now nice. Thanks to Malmorality for the tips on how to sort this...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Love the make up options especially the gamer one, any chance we can get that for the Kayla skin?

Thank you mate, much appreciated. I don't know if i'l make more of these as its a time sink and bloats the var. I wish I could do this for the built in skins

Back
Top Bottom