• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

JSON file corrupt - Does not load anymore, file size is still there, can I somehow extract timeline data?

mackstaa

Reactions
Hi guys, pretty much summed it up in the subject line, when I last saved my animation file I encountered a BSoD and now the whole file cannot be read, even the jpg file is corrupt. It opens the file, starts to load the scene then stops on a black screen, I can go to edit mode and click on any atoms there is nothing there.
Any ideas of how to recover or do I dont have a windows image or save point or anything like that.. Thanks

Can you still open the JSON with a text editor?
Yes! I can open it in Notepad and there is a bunch of text data in there. Im unfamiliar with json files in general.. What can I do now I cant find any info online?

If you can open it it seems to be ok to use. How big is the file? I could try opening it if you share it.
When you say there's nothing there, does it means no atoms in the scene?

I can open the file in notepad and also an online json viewer/editor, it appears as text and the editor complained the file was too large and says the document is invalid and could not be repaired..
I compared it with another json file and the 2nd file gave me a table option where I could click drop down lists to explore further into the file and atoms.
It doesnt give me that option with my corrupted file. In VAM it stops loading in a second and stays on a black screen, it does not load any atoms, or send any errors.
I would be grateful to PM you the file for you to have a squiz at? I was hoping to somehow even just extract the male/female Timeline data from it if it were at all possible.
The picture attached is the file in question on the left and a similar working file on the right to compare. Cheers
Clip.jpg

Back
Top Bottom