JSON file corrupt - Does not load anymore, file size is still there, can I somehow extract timeline data?

mackstaa

Reactions
Hi guys, pretty much summed it up in the subject line, when I last saved my animation file I encountered a BSoD and now the whole file cannot be read, even the jpg file is corrupt. It opens the file, starts to load the scene then stops on a black screen, I can go to edit mode and click on any atoms there is nothing there.
Any ideas of how to recover or do I dont have a windows image or save point or anything like that.. Thanks

Can you still open the JSON with a text editor?
Yes! I can open it in Notepad and there is a bunch of text data in there. Im unfamiliar with json files in general.. What can I do now I cant find any info online?

If you can open it it seems to be ok to use. How big is the file? I could try opening it if you share it.
When you say there's nothing there, does it means no atoms in the scene?

I can open the file in notepad and also an online json viewer/editor, it appears as text and the editor complained the file was too large and says the document is invalid and could not be repaired..
I compared it with another json file and the 2nd file gave me a table option where I could click drop down lists to explore further into the file and atoms.
It doesnt give me that option with my corrupted file. In VAM it stops loading in a second and stays on a black screen, it does not load any atoms, or send any errors.
I would be grateful to PM you the file for you to have a squiz at? I was hoping to somehow even just extract the male/female Timeline data from it if it were at all possible.
The picture attached is the file in question on the left and a similar working file on the right to compare. Cheers
Clip.jpg

Back
Top Bottom