Issues with mouth scaling when using 'Body scale' morph

Blazedplayz

Reactions
Hi all, i like to make size related animations but ive always had to find a different way to work around this issue.

For some reason, when the 'body scale' slider goes into minus numbers, it affects the characters mouth in a very odd way (see below)
1691510456185.png

Whats even more odd is that the mouth scale morph does nothing to fix this. which leads me to believe this is more of a physics collision thing but for the life of me i cant find what one it is.

In my opinion, it would have been the tongue collision. It affects larger scaled models by opening their mouths really wide in a glitched way but that just isnt the case with this
something is restricting the mouth to be a minimum scale or some other collision thingy.

Turning off auto expressions stops it from freaking out but it doesnt fix the scale.

Turning off model colision DOES fix this but i need collision for my scenes

all i need to know is:

What do i turn off to fix this

and if theres a plugin that allows me to turn off collision just for the lips/mouth

Quick update:
recent tinkering lead me to fix it i guess

i went and used the collision edittor and disabled the rigidbody physics mesh joints for the mouth
doesnt seem to cause any issues with movement which is good but thats not the point.

ill do some more testing

Done some testing, collision errors still exist on many other regions.
what im fearing is that ill have to do this every time i want someone to get real small

done more testing: i was right about it being a collision error and that it has a minimum scale

that makes me think that maybe the collision does not scale with the head nor body scale which is weird
maybe it does scale at all it just spaces out the collision but that begs the question: why does it have a minimum cap?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom