Interactive scene using RiveScript

janet67

Reactions
I know there have been some people working with the Chat AI, which is great. I still think Ravescript is even better for scene specific content. Example:

Simple non fps killing Settings: King Styled Court Room and the Princesses Room

Two Characters to interact with.

A beautiful princess and her father the king

Goals: Convince the King to have his daughter's hand in marriage
Win over the Princess, as her approval is necessary as well.

The king asks 5 questions and with each you get into a Rivescript into conversation, which you must get the kings favor or be dismissed and the restart button appears.

(the creator, could come up with all kinds of interesting conversation to reach the goal of his acceptance and then to try and win the princesses approval)

Next you must sweet talk the princess, for this one you must start the conversion and win her heart.

With Rivescript all sorts of questions could be asked and discussed by the player or the princess. Obviously improper advances (grabbing her privates for example) would not go over too well, possibly dismissed, with worse scenario, thrown in jail or executed by the king. No animation needed just state the result, then button to restart.

If all goes well, then the marriage takes place, (no animation here) and then move to the princesses room, all liberties with her granted, with some nice animations thrown in.

Possibly some simple animation of the characters while conversing to give it some resemblance of immersion.

So many situations for different types of Rivescript could be created" Interrogation, game show, comic and heckler, on and on.

I am pretty sure this is possible now, and could be fun if the creator is talented, clever, funny and witty. This is beyond me.

I did write some rivescript and it is fun, and could maybe assist with someone' to help create something interesting in the rivescript
writing. But I am still some what of a beginner. I have no idea if anyone besides SPQR has implemented rivescripts in their plugins.
It just seems like the possibilities are endless, maybe even templates could be made to assist creators in these types of scenes. Anyway, just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom