• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Improving FPS in VaM for newbies. Advanced users please share your own tips and tricks.

Does VaM use both cards if you have two installed with SLI set up?
I have no idea, i haven't run SLI on my last few builds, i know Unity used to be strictly a single card engine but it might be different now, that said i think you can use any old Nvidia card as dedicated PhysX card as long as it has PhysX support, i know you used to be able to do it so unless they removed it at some point it should be possible but whether this game benefits from it i do not know.

Last edited:
PERFORMANCE SETTINGS
Obviously, how you set your perfomance settings is going to strongly impact your FPS. ONLY for those with RTX cards see this VRSS guide by kimboo I put on my Patreon for my patrons. That wasn't meant to be a plug, I just thought this needed to be posted somewhere so it wasn't lost in time on the VaMDiscord, but the original guide is on there to clarify. It really works too. To really see how much of a difference it makes set your Render Scale to 0.5 and your MSAA to 8x. Again, it ONLY works in VR for those with RTX cards.

@ClubJulze can you repost the link to this? Seems to be broken.

Can someone help me out... I have a i7 9700, RTX 2080 super and 32 GB ram. Oculus Quest with link.
In VR I can only run ultra low on 70 FPS in low it drops to 35. Any higher drops under 25.
In desktop mode it runs 125 FPS with all settings max.
And switching soft body physics on and off doesn't change anything in my FPS.
Just a simple 2 person scene.
I remember that my older gaming laptop was better with a RTX 2070 mobile..
Is there something for me to check out for better performance or is this it for a RTX 2080 super?

I am also Quest user with Vrdesktop. Do not open Vam via steam. If you click vam on vrdesktop it will start steam. Instead of that (when you are in VR) click Vrdesktop icon (next to windows system clock with green color). choose - Launch Game - find vam.. Your fps will be much more better than steam

Why is the first scene I load when starting up always super slow? The cache doesn't seem to have an effect on this, nor does the size of the scene. A basic character scene that normally loads within about 15 seconds will take at least a minute when loading it as my first scene in-game.

I think it's because VaM clears it's cache when you close it. Or maybe it's a RAM thing. This certainly happens with me too, but this is a question for Meshed as I don't really know the inner workings of VaM all that well anymore.

Dude... :|

Sorry if it's your second post on the forums but... I hate posts like these. The cards, CPU and RAM alone are worth over 15k euros. You know exactly how it's gonna fly.

The limitations of VaM 1.x still stands, but if you buy this kind of hardware that is litteraly worth 7 high end gaming PCs, you perfectly know that VaM is gonna run smoothly.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against showing off a great hardware setup. But don't play the guy that doesn't know what he's gonna get, especially when it comes to this kind of insane amount of money.

Besides that... welcome on the forums ! : D
straight to the point.. i like it :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom