• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Question I would like to ask if I can replace the 'look' that I downloaded with the 'look' in the scenes.

GPO

Reactions
1717844925779.png
1717845014287.png

Solution
Yes, you can load the appearance. First switch to "Edit Mode", then click somewehere on the person. You should see some menu like that for the body part you just selected:

Screenshot 2024-06-08 181503.png

Click on "Select Root" at the very top to open the persons "Root Control" menu and click the Tab that says "Appearance Presets" on the lower left.
It looks like this:

Screenshot 2024-06-08 181514.png

There you can load and save the look/appearance.

I don't know what you downloaded. Maybe it is already an appearance, then just load it on the person which you want to look like that by clicking on "Select Existing" and navigating to the downloaded appearance. But maybe it is part of a scene, then load the scene, go to the persons appearance tab and save those persons...
Yes, you can load the appearance. First switch to "Edit Mode", then click somewehere on the person. You should see some menu like that for the body part you just selected:

Screenshot 2024-06-08 181503.png

Click on "Select Root" at the very top to open the persons "Root Control" menu and click the Tab that says "Appearance Presets" on the lower left.
It looks like this:

Screenshot 2024-06-08 181514.png

There you can load and save the look/appearance.

I don't know what you downloaded. Maybe it is already an appearance, then just load it on the person which you want to look like that by clicking on "Select Existing" and navigating to the downloaded appearance. But maybe it is part of a scene, then load the scene, go to the persons appearance tab and save those persons appearance by writing a preset name and clicking "Create New Preset". Then you can load it in the other scene.

Upvote 1
Solution
Don't forget to ensure the appearance you're loading is the same size as the original character from the scene.

Upvote 0
Another cheap trick you can use to save time is to lock all the clothes on the model in the original scene before loading the appearance preset. Unlock them after loading the preset. You might have to delete things from either the scene look or the one you loaded if there are things that conflict, like having two dresses. I usually save a nude appearance preset if I want to load some standalone character into a full scene. Some characters come that way.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom