Question How do I find/view these looks that I downloaded?

NerdyJack

Reactions
This question has probably been answered before but after spending a lot of time trying to find the answer I give up and decided to ask. I downloaded some looks for VAM. They unzip into folders with the characters name but didn't come with a .vac, .json or .var. They came in folders with this structure and content:

Folder (character name)/textures(.png & .jpeg) and folder (custom/Atom/Person/Morphs/female & female_genitalia folders/.vmi & .vmb files)

I've placed these in Saves/scene, AddonPackages, Custom/Atom/Person/Appearance and split them into the appropriate morphs and textures folders in Custom/Atom/Person and I don't see the character in scene load or Appearance Presets. I also tried packaging one up (first time packaging) and it's nowhere to be found. How do I find/view these characters in VAM? Please help... So frustrated... :confused:

Pretty much everything in the Hub is a VAR at this point. If it's from the Hub, can you share a link?
If those are paid looks you should contact the creator on how to use them and wonder why are those not VARs that make life much easier for users.

Upvote 0
You might check the morphs try searching the author or look name. If there is one just load a generic person and slide that morph all the way to right. Then you can add the textures it's one of the skin tabs it should have options for difuse specular niormal and decal for the head torso genis and limbs. Add hair if thats included too. Once you are done you can save it as a look or appearance preset.

Upvote 0
You might check the morphs try searching the author or look name. If there is one just load a generic person and slide that morph all the way to right. Then you can add the textures it's one of the skin tabs it should have options for difuse specular niormal and decal for the head torso genis and limbs. Add hair if thats included too. Once you are done you can save it as a look or appearance preset.
Will do. Thanks!

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom