I get compile errors when I copy a clean version.

tertiary

Reactions
I'm trying to get a clean version of VAM with some of the addons I like. I was playing around with different addons and button/timeline and it worked fine with with a new folder name (copy of a working clean version). But recently doing the same copying clean version with new folder name, the button/time doesn't work. Animations with no button works fine. The only way to get button/animation to work is to keep the original name the folder I copied. Any suggestions?

Weird, a version that had a proper name folder now also stopped working. To clarify, when I press a button to trigger animation, nothing happens. But if animation play from after load, its fine.

You question is way to vague and impossible to answer. This can be 1000 different things.

What scene are you talking about?
What's the (full!) error message you are getting?
Which plugins are involved?
What are the proper/old and new folder names? What's the full path for each?

I manage to get the animation control button to animate by moving the whole folder to the root of the drive.

But I still cannont get rid of these compile errors:

!> Exception during zip file scan of AddonPackages\FromOtherFolder\IAmAFox.Nipple_Clip.1.var: ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipException: Cannot find central directory
at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipFile.ReadEntries () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipFile..ctor (System.IO.FileStream file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
!> Exception during zip file scan of AddonPackages\FromOtherFolder\IAmAFox.Red_Revisited_Full_Look.1.var: ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipException: Cannot find central directory
at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipFile.ReadEntries () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipFile..ctor (System.IO.FileStream file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
!> VAR file AddonPackages\FromOtherFolder\IAmAFox.RippedUp_ClothingEdits_YametePack.2(1).var does not use integer version field in name <creator>.<name>.<version>
!> Duplicate package uid Jackaroo.SmartSuitJaR.1. Cannot register
!> Exception during zip file scan of AddonPackages\FromOtherFolder\Jackaroo.Tiefling_Horns_Female.2.var: ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipException: Cannot find central directory
!> Exception during zip file scan of AddonPackages\FromOtherFolder\JoyBoy.Bunny_Suit.2.var: ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipException: Cannot find central directory
!> Exception during zip file scan of AddonPackages\FromOtherFolder\Luminestrial.BGPosePack.1.var: ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipException: Cannot find central directory
!> Exception during zip file scan of AddonPackages\FromOtherFolder\maru01.Chain_set.1.var: ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipException: Cannot find central directory
!> Exception during zip file scan of AddonPackages\FromOtherFolder\maru01.Dance_costumes03.2.var: ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipException: Cannot find central directory
!> Exception during zip file scan of AddonPackages\FromOtherFolder\maru01.Gym_clothes01.2.var: ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipException: Cannot find central directory
!> Exception during zip file scan of AddonPackages\FromOtherFolder\maru01.Headmic.1.var: ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipException: Cannot find central directory
!> Exception during zip file scan of AddonPackages\FromOtherFolder\maru01.Sexy_DancerS.1.var: ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipException: Cannot find central directory
!> Exception during zip file scan of AddonPackages\FromOtherFolder\Miki.Hanfu_Hair.1.var: ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipException: Cannot find central directory
!> Exception during zip file scan of AddonPackages\FromOtherFolder\Mofme.AssetBundle_BDSM_Frame.2.var: ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipException: Cannot find central directory
!> Exception during zip file scan of AddonPackages\FromOtherFolder\MonsterShinkai.Ye-Jin_Preset.2.var: ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipException: Cannot find central directory
at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipFile..ctor

<Truncated>

!> Missing addon package AnythingFashionVR.Customizable_Swimsuit_with_presets.latest that packagevecterror.VAM_NevDeniseRichards.2 depends on
!> Missing addon package vecterror.WetHair.latest that packagevecterror.VAM_NevDeniseRichards.2 depends on

just guessing:
-used a 3rd party packer tool to compress the var/zip files with settings not supported by VaM? (did not include "central directory" to read from)
-VaM has no access/permission to a folder/file to read it? exotic characters in VaM's path?
-defective / unstable hardware that caused file corruption, RAM & drive ok?

zip means it's unzipping error?
How do I get permission? When I right click Vam folder properties, it says some files are lock. Should I unlock all?

For the record, these are not compiler errors. There is something wrong with the various VARs that are listed in your error messages.

!> VAR file AddonPackages\FromOtherFolder\IAmAFox.RippedUp_ClothingEdits_YametePack.2(1).var does not use integer version field in name <creator>.<name>.<version>
This one should be pretty clear. VaM is confused by the (1) in the filename.

!> Duplicate package uid Jackaroo.SmartSuitJaR.1. Cannot register
You have that VAR somehow twice. There can only be one.

Cannot find central directory
Regarding that one.....something is wrong with those files. Could be various causes:
  • Files might be damaged during download or because you stored them on a slowly dying harddisk. Try to re-download them or ask the creator whether they actually tried their stuff.
  • As indicated by Sally, some "expert" might have used a 3rd party tool to create/modify those VARs, ending up with some ZIP format not supported by VaM. Always use VaM PackageManager to create or re-pack VARs, nothing else.
  • Some file access issue (admin protected files, etc.) might theoretically be an issue, too. But I think that would give other error messages. In any case, never install VaM in some special folder (e.g. Program Files), instead always put it in some plain normal folder. The windows user that runs VaM (the one you login into Windows with) needs read and write access to all files and folders in VaM directory....otherwise VaM can't read or write ;)
  • You are using an (very?) old VaM version, but try to load newer VARs? Check the meta.json inside those VARs, there is the VaM version they were made with somewhere.

Missing addon package
Those should be clear, too. You are missing dependencies.

There can only be one.
-Highlander ... Nice.
rucoy-highlander.gif

Why not use VaM_Updater.exe to initiate a full new copy of VAM. (yeah, sux, but best fix for clean install, just copy that file to an empty folder and run it, i must have 10 copies of vam floating around on my machine now). And yeah, I agree, your file is borked up, what did you use to copy it? Maybe delete and redownload the AddOn from the Hub.

Attachments

• 1702358668443.png
    1702358668443.png
    25.4 KB · Views: 0
I did went that route and copied my saved and others files into the clean version, but I'm still get errors. I'm starting to think my ssd external drive that uses a USB locker to keep my son who's getting snoopy is the error culprit. Next test is to create another clean version on my C drive, add my files and see if that still generate errors.

oh mann... yeah. i had issues when i used trucrypt back in the day, but no issues with MS bitlocker. Definitely try a clean install on a unencrypted drive and see if it still happens. If it does, start looking at AV or other third party apps that might be at the FileSystem level. See if any recent updates were applied to windows, (which then it would be more than just you having an issue). Maybe you have a virus or malware? .. ooooh. also try removing and reinstalling the .net libraries that vam uses. They could be jacked up as well, which might explain the fails to the ziplib calls, with out seeing it happen in action, that's what i got off the top of my mind

Back
Top Bottom