How we all can help toward VAM 1.x and VAM2.x development

capta134

Reactions
I firmly believe most people here are willing to help towards VAM.20 and maintaining VAM 1.X.

Can we have a fundraising event for VAM from time to time? (outside the Patreon)

I don't think that the development speed of 2.0 is due to a lack of funding.

patreon estimated earnings.png

Well, more money usually means you can hire more expert developers. to speedup the programming

If the Graphtreon data is correct, Meshed is bringing in more money now than he was during the development of 1.X. Despite this, the rate at which he has reported his progress on 2.0 to the community has fallen off a cliff - keep in mind that the amount of 2.0 status updates in 2023 is actually zero, since we haven't heard anything about 2.0 since October of last year.

I personally find this to be an odd departure from his previous behavior, as Meshed seemed to be quite eager in the past to share his progress with the community.

So I reiterate - I don't think that a lack of funding is necessarily responsible for the current speed of 2.0's development, as Meshed was crushing 1.X's development in the past with 2-3X less income

meshed post count.png

I just hope we get virt a mate 2.0 on steam luckily I was able to get virt a mate 1.22 on steam before it was removed from the store.

I firmly believe most people here are willing to help towards VAM.20 and maintaining VAM 1.X.

Can we have a fundraising event for VAM from time to time? (outside the Patreon)

At this late development stage, it would take more time to train a new developer in everything they need to know than it would take to complete VaM 2. In the past, the issue with finding good developers was not one of money, but of finding skilled people who are willing to work in the adult industry. Many devs don't want something like VaM on their resume, and the alternative is to have a gap in your resume that lasts as long as the project.

We have hired people to take care of everything else. 1.X, the API, the Hub, Events, Discord, Moderation, etc, are all handled by experienced and skilled staff so that the core team (primarily MeshedVR) can focus solely on VaM 2. This has sped up development significantly.

We do appreciate your eagerness. The best way to support development is to enrich the landscape with fresh content. VaM 1.X's success is what drives VaM 2 development and resources. If you have an idea for an event, you can run it by @VaMRainey who is our staff member in charge of events. If you know talented creators and can work something out to convince them to create some quality content and share it for free, that also helps immensely.

Thank you for your interest and enthusiasm @capta134 ~ 💕

If the Graphtreon data is correct, Meshed is bringing in more money now than he was during the development of 1.X. Despite this, the rate at which he has reported his progress on 2.0 to the community has fallen off a cliff - keep in mind that the amount of 2.0 status updates in 2023 is actually zero, since we haven't heard anything about 2.0 since October of last year.

I personally find this to be an odd departure from his previous behavior, as Meshed seemed to be quite eager in the past to share his progress with the community.

So I reiterate - I don't think that a lack of funding is necessarily responsible for the current speed of 2.0's development, as Meshed was crushing 1.X's development in the past with 2-3X less income

View attachment 299832

I can't speak to the finances, I know nothing about that. But in my personal life, I have lived as a poor student surviving on loans and scholarships and working minimum wage, I have lived homeless and couch jumping, and during the crypto boom I have (briefly) lived as a millionaire (how do you think I had time to make all those expressions?).

And what I can tell you is this -- $20k ~ $60k a month seems like a massive amount of money when you're homeless, eating ramen, and living on someone else's couch. But it really isn't when you're trying to build a business that needs staff and developers and needs to push the boundaries. During crypto, I looked into hiring a dev team to build a web-based business. After getting a few quotes, the cost was going to be $30,000 if I wanted something bare bones, and $150,000 to $2 Million if I wanted the full website and a mobile app. I chose the $30k option, and within a few months I had already spent another $50k because I found out $30k gets you nothing when you're building a business from scratch.

Again, I don't know the company finances, but from the little that I do know, I suspect that the costs of running the Hub and servers, the legal team and fees, the staff, etc, quickly tears through that Patreon amount, even at the high end. I imagine that MeshedVR is very motivated to complete VaM2 as quickly as possible while still meeting everyone's expectations on quality. In fact, if you look in the forums and on Discord there are some official responses from Meshed that in my opinion take the place of any Trello updates he might have made. That's my take as an insider.

I'm not permitted to say more than that, and the opinions expressed here are mine alone. But you all know I started as one of you. I wouldn't be on this team if I thought for a second this was a scam.
I've seen the "inside stuff" guys.
VaM 2 is coming.

If you have an idea for an event, you can run it by @VaMRainey who is our staff member in charge of events. If you know talented creators and can work something out to convince them to create some quality content and share it for free, that also helps immensely.

Thank you for your interest and enthusiasm @capta134 ~ 💕

I can understand what you are writing and what you are enviroment.
However, this is a very dangerous statement and could be perceived as affirming and encouraging the exploitation of creators.
I believe that your accomplishments speak otherwise.
I believe that this can be done simply by encouraging the formation of communities where the amount of problem-free content can be increased.
It is very difficult, though.

I can understand what you are writing and what you are enviroment.
However, this is a very dangerous statement and could be perceived as affirming and encouraging the exploitation of creators.
I believe that your accomplishments speak otherwise.
I believe that this can be done simply by encouraging the formation of communities where the amount of problem-free content can be increased.
It is very difficult, though.
I hear you. I agree. I apologize for any misunderstanding about intent with my statement. You are right that it could be perceived that way. 💕

Back
Top Bottom