Question How to solve the problem of mismatch between character texture and uv

lianshiye0

Reactions
Twitter
I recently modified the appearance of the base female through blender and got a nice morph, and made my own favorite textures. But when I imported the morph and textures into vam, I found that the textures and the character appearance did not match. By checking, I guessed it was because the uv and textures didn't match.
We can change the appearance and texture of the base female through a third party software like blender, but her uv does not change. So, in vam, we can import character deformation and texture, but we can't import the uv, so the base female's uv stays the default uv, which leads to texture and character shape mismatch. Solve this problem?

Did you follow this guide?
Blender to VaM. Simple Sculpting Guide - Imgur

I haven't done much sculpting in blender, but I believe the general idea is that once you've sculted in Blender, the correct way to bring those back into VAM is by then converting the morphs made in blender into DAZ Genesis2 Female morphs and re-importing those back into VAM.

I hope this helps

Upvote 0
Did you follow this guide?
Blender to VaM. Simple Sculpting Guide - Imgur

I haven't done much sculpting in blender, but I believe the general idea is that once you've sculted in Blender, the correct way to bring those back into VAM is by then converting the morphs made in blender into DAZ Genesis2 Female morphs and re-importing those back into VAM.

I hope this helps
Thanks for your reply. However, I made a texture based on the sculpted figure, and this texture aligns with the figure's mesh, but not with the figure's uv. Why is this? Because when I made the texture, the texture was rendered according to the mesh distribution, not according to the uv. And in vam, the uv can't be changed, causing the texture to not match.

Upvote 0
Vam uses different UV sets. Make sure that the underlying skin the model using (in the "skin select" tab) matches the UV set you made.
UV display.png

Upvote 0
There are a set of seam guides you can use to adjust your textures to fit the base female uv. It doesn't matter that your texture fits the mesh you created in blender. To use it in Vam, it has to match the target uv.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom