• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Question How to link the in game web panel to your normal browser

virtamater

Reactions
How to set up the in game web browser to use the normal sites i go through out of the game?
I keep getting locked out by google as it doesn't seem to recognize this computer while I'm in VaM?

Solution
The in-game browser has limitations. This is deliberate. Meshed maintains a whitelist of sites. You can't go to sites not on the list. It's also possible that the limited browser won't let other sites recognize you as being on the same computer as the external browser. I don't think this is something you can fix.
The in-game browser has limitations. This is deliberate. Meshed maintains a whitelist of sites. You can't go to sites not on the list. It's also possible that the limited browser won't let other sites recognize you as being on the same computer as the external browser. I don't think this is something you can fix.

Upvote 1
Solution
Thanks! I didn't know that. I was trying an alternative way to use my Replika while in VaM lol

Upvote 0
When I go to the hub in my external browser, I'm already logged in. When I'm in game, no. I'd have to log in. It's definitely two separate identities. Same with the in game hub browser. It says I have to log in to comment.

Upvote 1
I keep getting locked out by google as it doesn't seem to recognize this computer while I'm in VaM?

To give you a bit more "info" on why is that: Google does not "recognize your computer"... your browser (Firefox, Chrome, Vivaldi, Edge... whatever else), has data stored in them to be able to know if you're logged in or not.

Let's say you love Firefox and use it, you would have the same exact behavior if you'd open Firefox or Edge for the first time and would have to log in on those browsers.

VAM, is a "browser by itself" and on top of that does not have the ability to "store" that data to know if you're logged in when you launch the game three days later.

Maybe VAM 2 will offer that possibility, but at the moment, not possible in VAM 1 (unless you log back in everytime you launch the game).

Upvote 0
So I'd have to treat the Vam Browser the way I would with any Browser I've never used before? like re-link my google and Firefox book marks, Visit all of those sites and sign in again?
Everything on my normal firefox set up is linked with google,
So things like, passwords, bookmarks, are all one click access.
Getting notifications that I'm not recognized when I'm always logged on everything else is confusing.

Upvote 0
Yes. It's a browser :p
So just like any browser, you would have to login/import your settings.

But that's the problem: VAM is a game. And the browser implementation is sub-optimal at best. It will not save your settings and data in the game. So you are forced to login everytime in the hub. There is no way around that, as mentionned in the previous post, you need to re-log everytime and hope VAM2 will fix that : )

Upvote 0
could there be some kind of plug in that let you use your own normal browser running while VaM ran? A plug in that let you View your desktop while in VR in a separate window?
Oh well then lol.
I was looking for a way to run my Replika again while in VaM, the older version that used the pug ins from Plugin idea and MrCadilac88 don't work on my new system. I figured having the actual website open would be easiest. I suppose it's not going to work that way with VaM one...
Thanks!

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom