Question How to create menu for scenes that I can copy to other scenes

reshf

Reactions
Hi all,

I've made some scenes in VAM in a single environment. Different poses. I wanted to make a menu that would list the other scenes I've made in the same environment, so that I can load those scenes by clicking. I've use the UI button trigger to merge load a scene, but I dont know how to make it so that I can string several UI buttons with distinct scenes for each button, AND THEN be able to copy that as a preset to the other scenes. Pretty much, I want to make a menu where I can click to open distinct scenes, then copy that menu in to each of the four scenes.

Hope this makes sense.

Set up your menu system just the way you want it. Then delete everything except the menu system from the scene, and save the scene. Then "merge load" your menu scene file into any other scene.

Or make a menu subscene. Add a subscene atom, parent every atom in the menu system to it and save the subscene. Then load it into any scene you want a menu for.

Either way, you'd need to manually alter the links for each button every time you load it into a new scene. The easiest way to do that may be manually editing the json file with a text editor.

It would be nice if there was a "menu creation plugin" that could automate all this, but i don't think one exists. Yet.

Upvote 0
Set up your menu system just the way you want it. Then delete everything except the menu system from the scene, and save the scene. Then "merge load" your menu scene file into any other scene.

Or make a menu subscene. Add a subscene atom, parent every atom in the menu system to it and save the subscene. Then load it into any scene you want a menu for.

Either way, you'd need to manually alter the links for each button every time you load it into a new scene. The easiest way to do that may be manually editing the json file with a text editor.

It would be nice if there was a "menu creation plugin" that could automate all this, but i don't think one exists. Yet.
Going to try this today. Thank you!!!

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom