Question How to add more than one texture to face

capta134

Reactions
I want to know how to add more than one texture to the face. For example, adding a tattoo after adding a makeup texture.

I found a decal plugin but usage was not intuitive.

A decal is just a png file with a transparent background. So whatever's in the foreground (the tattoo, in this case) would overlay the face texture.

So if you want to turn a jpg tattoo image into a decal, you'd need to convert it in photoshop or gimp first.

Upvote 0
Hi, in fact, it seems to me that I had not managed to superimpose 2 decals on the same look. the 2nd replaces the 1st. Would it be possible to use more than one at the same time?

Upvote 0
Decal Maker is the thing, even if you find it unintuitive.
It's really easy to use, give it another try until you got the hang of it

Upvote 0
A decal is just a png file with a transparent background. So whatever's in the foreground (the tattoo, in this case) would overlay the face texture.

So if you want to turn a jpg tattoo image into a decal, you'd need to convert it in photoshop or gimp first.
Great, at least now i know what a decal is. Where are definitions for others? Gloss, normal and diffuse?

Upvote 0
Great, at least now i know what a decal is. Where are definitions for others? Gloss, normal and diffuse?
Gloss is a black and white image. The whiter an area, the more reflective it will appear. To be honest, I've never understood the difference between specular and gloss textures.

Normals are bluish, and give the illusion of fine surface textures. Wrinkles and such.

Diffuse is the basic visible skin texture.

You can find examples in Custom\Atom\Person\Textures\FemaleBase

Upvote 0
Gloss is a black and white image. The whiter an area, the more reflective it will appear. To be honest, I've never understood the difference between specular and gloss textures.

Normals are bluish, and give the illusion of fine surface textures. Wrinkles and such.

Diffuse is the basic visible skin texture.

You can find examples in Custom\Atom\Person\Textures\FemaleBase
Roughly speaking - Specular is how much light is reflected by the surface, Gloss is how sharp/blurred that reflection is. This quick video gives a good breakdown with examples.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom