Question How do I pose an atom without the control tab/window opening up so I can see the timeline plugin controls?

AtomByAtom

Reactions
In this video dealing with working on the timeline plugin, he moves the character around while grabbing the nodes and the window stays on the timeline plugin. But when ever I move a part, it opens up the control window for that part. How do I move the atom while keeping the timeline plugin window up?
Thanks!

If you click on the node before moving it, it will select it and leave the Timeline view. You have some options:

1. Simply move the node without clicking first
2. On top of the window when a node is selected, there's a button to "Select root", that will go back to Timeline
3. You can use the Keybindings plugin to bind a key to go back to Timeline from anywhere

Hope that helps :)

Upvote 0
If you click on the node before moving it, it will select it and leave the Timeline view. You have some options:

1. Simply move the node without clicking first
2. On top of the window when a node is selected, there's a button to "Select root", that will go back to Timeline
3. You can use the Keybindings plugin to bind a key to go back to Timeline from anywhere

Hope that helps :)

Thanks but how do I move a node without clicking on it?

Upvote 0
In this video dealing with working on the timeline plugin, he moves the character around while grabbing the nodes and the window stays on the timeline plugin. But when ever I move a part, it opens up the control window for that part. How do I move the atom while keeping the timeline plugin window up?
Thanks!

If you press T it will show the control points which you can then move like that.

A better way to do work though is:

- Add a "simple sign" atom (found in Misc).
- Add the VamTimelineController.cslist plugin to it.

This will give you a floating timeline window that you can put wherever you want. At the of the window you can select which timeline plugin you want to view (if you have more than one in your scene) or even have multiple windows if you want to get fancy :).

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom