• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Question Hip vs Pelvis (and hiding nodes)

VRmatt

Reactions
2 semi-related questions:

What is the purpose of having a hip and a pelvis control?

How can I hide a control so it never gets selected (ie; hide pelvis, thighs, stuff I never use)

The hip and pelvis bones are inherited from the Daz Studio Genesis2 figure. They act differently in Daz and Vam. In Daz, the hip is a stand-in for the whole figure. Move the hip, you move the whole figure. The pelvis is a separate bone. In Daz, moving the pelvis only moves that bone, and the ones below it. Vam has soft body physics, which Daz does not have. At first glance, hip and pelvis may seem to do the same thing in Vam, but that's not correct. In a lot of cases, Position and Rotation on the hip are set to On, which means they need to be posed, or moved by some animation or plugin. Position and Rotation on the pelvis are often set to Off, which means it reacts to forces on other body parts, which increases realism.

In general, you don't want to "hide" body parts so they can't be selected. You can do this by selecting them, then going to the Control tab and unchecking the boxes for Allow Possess/Grab. Then clicking on them will not do anything. You could still select them from the select menu. You could load up a default scene, make changes like this and save it for future use.

Upvote 0
In my opinion, the hip atom is best for positioning the girl's ass, but the pelvis atom is best for controlling its angle. The same applies for your male avatar if you're making an animation where he's thrusting into a girl.

Basically, use the hip atom for thrusting and the pelvis atom for adjusting the angle of the guy's dick or the girl's pussy/ass

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom