• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!
HidePubes (Session Plugin)

Plugins HidePubes (Session Plugin)

PrettyFrank

Reactions
PrettyFrank submitted a new resource:

HidePubes (Session Plugin) - Protects against pubic hair clipping through clothing items.

This session plugin aims to solve the issue of pubic hair clipping through shorts, underwear, etc. on models. It achieves this by modifying the sim settings for the hair when clothing items are toggled.

INSTRUCTIONS
1. Install as a session plugin. Be sure to save as a new default.
2. Add the "hidepubes" tag to any article of clothing that should disable pubic hair when worn.
3. That's it.

HOW IT WORKS

This plugin monitors changes to clothing items worn , as...

Read more about this resource...

Great work!! The previous plugin I was using for this for a while was extremely outdated and partly broken, great to see someone revived it!

I am curious however if you are able to change the main "hiding mechanic".

Currently you adjust the curve density and hair multiplier, and "restore" them to a hardcoded value (which is not always the value that is desired).
Would it be possible to instead somehow adjust the alpha channel (color) of the hairs?

I know the setting/value for the alpha channel is not visible/existing in the hair "lighting" menu, nonetheless i'm curious if possible by some kind of workaround perhaps?

That's a great suggestion @darkesthours443, and I'll certainly give it a try (right now)!

Without knowing how to restore a particular setting to it's preset default, it's been challenging trying to find attributes I can safely move between hardcoded values on. Zero is obviously easy, but knowing where to put it back to (without storage) is difficult. For instance, setting the

My concern on the alpha/material is that sometimes material layers aren't named universally, but I'll find out shortly!

Confirmed... material layers need to be accessed (AFAIK) by name... and some of these have several layers (e.g. scalp, the main material, often named something unique, etc).

Safe ones for me to target are sim and look. I could, for instance, set the max-width to zero to perfectly hide the layer, but I know I particularly override that setting often on pubes to affect the look of it... so that wouldn't work well with a hardcoded restore value.

Was excited to se this plugin as there is NOTHING, that works, available now. However, it seems, on my girls to DELETE the pubs, instead of hiding them. When I run undress the pubs are either gone (black pubes) or mostly gone (blonde). Maybe I am doing something wrong here or maybe isn't it designed to work with undress?

Not quite sure what you mean... here's a recording of me piling on tons of hairs, then toggling clothing items to hide/show (including Remove All Real Clothing).

https://ity.sh/ZXZuBEQH (.mkv container format)

OK, made some screen shots...........1. Typical girl (I use Mr Perv's wonderful pubes collections. Makes far & away the most realistic pubs). 2. Sling bikini w/hide pubs & looks pretty good. 3. Is Undress & as you can see she lost most of her pubes (LOL)........ Maybe not good for undress function.

Attachments

• Typical Girl.JPG
    Typical Girl.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 0
  • sling swimsuit.JPG
    sling swimsuit.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Undress.JPG
    Undress.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 0
Totally agree with that issue @aesosfan - that was actually something I was working on getting prior to the public release (because I absolutely want/expect pubes to reappear when sim+undress is on), but failed to get a working script. I'll give it a bit more effort tonight and see if I can get there!

Hold my beer... :)

Quite nice idea @PrettyFrank !
The only problem with it (for me) it's that it's a session plugin. It's not portable for a scene.

If you prefer, due to the fact I'm a creator/dev, I have dozens of session defaults, and I swap really often between the ones I need. Having a session plugin for a specific feature inside of a single scene makes it hard to use it. It also is impossible to enforce it for a user for a specific scene. Which makes the overall UX complex for someone who does not know the plugin.

Having an alternate version which you could pop on an empty (and would handle all characters in the scene) OR on the character itself (and will handle that specific character) would be a massive improvement : )

PS: Don't hesitate to report reviews that are NOT reviews (ie: "diz doz not work"), we do not allow such reviews with the moderation team. Any support question or troubles with an asset has to be discussed in here and a review should not be based on personal issues with the resource.

Totally agree with that issue @aesosfan - that was actually something I was working on getting prior to the public release (because I absolutely want/expect pubes to reappear when sim+undress is on), but failed to get a working script. I'll give it a bit more effort tonight and see if I can get there!

Hold my beer... :)
I really respect the effort ! We (who love our girls w/pubes - LOL) have had no solution to this for couple of years since the old one "broke". "WE" needed one of our more "qualified" VAM creators to step up & you are well on the way here. Just to have my girls wear cloths at all is a BIG upgrade. Thanks for the effort & if you can "make it better" to work w/undress..............then that would be great!

A-mazing! I could never get the old version of this to work - finally can actually use underwear on models with my own pubic hair mods!

Only slight issue - I can't get the 'detach' detection to work as per the latest update - whether sim enabled or 'Undress' ticked, the pubic hairs are still hidden. Would just be the icing on the cake if that would work!

I see you have been working on the script, PrettyFrank. It's improved. My girls all have MrPervs pubes array which means multiple layers stacked together. Some of layers seem to be getting lost during undress. Also some of items still have show through even with hidepubes checked off on the item. Odd......

While perhaps not identical, I have noticed that Decalmaker seems to save it's decal preset "automatically", if the decalmaker plugin was present and active on the atom while an appearance preset was created, and is then able to automatically associate this specific decalmaker preset with said appearance preset whenever the appearance get's loaded again.

(For example, if you open a new scene, add a new person atom, first load the appearance preset (which had decalmaker active while it was created) onto this atom, and then afterwards add the decalmaker plugin.)

Decal maker will then provide the following popup message:
1718710662144.png

While I am uncertain if this decalmaker info is written directly into the appearance preset file, or if decalmaker uses it own seperate presets that it simply "checks" upon adding the decalmaker plugin to an atom.

It made me wonder however, if perhaps this is a similar route your Hidepubes plugin could take, in order to bypass the save/load issue you mentioned earlier @PrettyFrank where it perhaps tries to save and merge load a hair preset in a similar fashion? (A preset which only includes the tagged pubic hairs)

Back
Top Bottom