Help. I've somehow disabled all in-game sound and cant figure out how to undo it.

bigpirm686

Reactions
First off I'm positive this is not something i've done in Windows because I recently reloaded Windows and brought back my game directory. At some point I followed some advice to mute sounds and now I have no idea how I did it. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Sorry, I can't figure out what could be your issue.
Is this in every game, or only in VaM? If it is in every game, then it is most likely in the Windows settings (those can sometimes be confusing with all those sub-menues. My suggestion: right-click on the speaker symbol in the taskbar and search through all that options).

If it is only VaM: Are your sure you are using a scene that formerly had sound?
Most of the time the sound mutes with distance to the sound-source, it may be only much to silent?
This is a very common issue... You have to select the sound source and adjust the distance settings.

Or are your using a VR headset? Those have separate volume settings, for instance in the SteamVR dashboard.

I'm sorry, but I don't know the purpose, so it's difficult to answer.
As a workaround, are there any disadvantages to simply turning down the Windows volume?
Do you want to know about changing the scene, like deleting the audioSource of the scene or something to deal with it?
By the way, I don't know of any way to cut volumes in bulk or delete audioSource in VAM.
Sorry I can't help you.

I'm sorry, but I don't know the purpose, so it's difficult to answer.
As a workaround, are there any disadvantages to simply turning down the Windows volume?
Do you want to know about changing the scene, like deleting the audioSource of the scene or something to deal with it?
By the way, I don't know of any way to cut volumes in bulk or delete audioSource in VAM.
Sorry I can't help you.
Im not sure if its for me or not.

I want to disable sound couse i want to hear sth else playing with vam (eg watch movie ) and do not want to hear uhoh sound coming from vam scenes :D

I see, there are times when you want to play other BGM when editing a scene!
It would be convenient if it could be done!(y)

I want to disable sound couse i want to hear sth else playing with vam (eg watch movie ) and do not want to hear uhoh sound coming from vam scenes :D
You can use Volume Mixer (right click volume icon in Windows systray) to change sound by device or application, in your case VaM to mute.

Back
Top Bottom