Hair Color Texture

Plugins Hair Color Texture

Stopper

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Stopper submitted a new resource:

Hair Color Texture - Set hair color from a texture

Changes the color of hair based on a texture.

Usage
  1. Add to a Person Atom
  2. Select hair from dropdown
  3. Select texture
    1. The bottom of the texture is the hair root, the top is the tip
      1. Each hair will show a full gradient
    2. Left to right are individual hairs
      1. Hairs are not ordered in any particular way, so getting a specific left<-> right gradient will take trial and...

Read more about this resource...

In the demonstration video the red/ dark blue gradient displayed on the hair as light blue green yellow orange.
Is there a specific reason that additional colors got into the gradient?

The blue/green looks somewhat correct.

Just want some further info if something else is happening there to take into account when planning these gradients.

Amazing as always!

In the demonstration video the red/ dark blue gradient displayed on the hair as light blue green yellow orange.
Is there a specific reason that additional colors got into the gradient?

The blue/green looks somewhat correct.

Just want some further info if something else is happening there to take into account when planning these gradients.

Amazing as always!
Just a stale thumbnail.
hmm, is there a way to also do a gradient for the specular?
I don't think so. Color is handled specially.

Any way of adding an alpha adjust/render queue? Not necessarily an alpha texture but the ability to affect transparency. Want to make a ghost character but the hair is opaque.

Any way of adding an alpha adjust/render queue? Not necessarily an alpha texture but the ability to affect transparency. Want to make a ghost character but the hair is opaque.
I poked around and I don't think so. The shader doesn't support it.

prestigitis 2024-03-06 15-41-46.jpg

My prayer was answered - Thank you Stopper!

View attachment 342292

My prayer was answered - Thank you Stopper!
<3

After I get some of the clothing plugin stuff figured out, I'm likely going to move on to hair plugins.

I'm reasonably confident that it should be possible to 'wrap' hair to a sim proxy similar to what I'm doing with clothing. The idea there is that you would have multiple strands of clothing moving together based on a single strip of clothing, for braids and whatnot.

is there a way to add specular reflection to "inside" part of hairs? also add another specular to end of hairs, now with longer hairs, hair ends are so dull and no spec on it. in DAZ there is speculara along all of hair. in vam only on top.

If this is possible, with this epic plugin, anyone find a way to add darker roots to the hair close scalp for like a bleach blond chick with her roots showing due to needing another dye job?

Just tried MS copilot for 1st time to generate this example Image and man I'm impressed it can finally not make only monsters:

Back
Top Bottom