Hair Collision

Wranderous

Reactions
Hi!

Is there a way to make hair collide with world objects?

I.E:
The Environment
Furniture
Etc.

It collides with slate.. you can add a slate to the scene and then hide its material. It's a hack but it works ok.

Attachments

• VaM 2021-01-13 16-02-21.png
    VaM 2021-01-13 16-02-21.png
    20.2 MB · Views: 0
It collides with slate.. you can add a slate to the scene and then hide its material. It's a hack but it works ok.
Does it still collide with slate in newest patch? I tried the slate in FloorsAndWallsm enabled both collision and physics but in no avail.

Does it still collide with slate in newest patch? I tried the slate in FloorsAndWallsm enabled both collision and physics but in no avail.
Yes it does, but I think it matters if soft physics is off or on.. check your physics settings and play with them.

Just wanna say thanks for the hint @VamTimbo !

Was always kind of an immersion-killer when the hair falls just down through objects, will try it out!

I know this is a really old post, but does this still work for everyone? I have soft body physics on, and on the girls, and collision on the slate and there's little to know collision. What am I missing guys?

I know this is a really old post, but does this still work for everyone? I have soft body physics on, and on the girls, and collision on the slate and there's little to know collision. What am I missing guys?
Good old slate trick still works, also soft body physics is not required.
Just add slate (collision on), hide material, 're-equip' hairstyle.

Depending on hairstyle you might need to tweak collision radius, gravity & friction settings.
ps. you can also use slate with sim clothes (dress, skirts, etc). ;)
haircollision1.jpg

haircollision2.jpg

haircollision3.jpg

Re-equip hair, eh? Man I should have thought of that simple little thing. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom