Guide to creating tattoos for Vam

Guides Guide to creating tattoos for Vam

wanderer

Reactions
wanderer submitted a new resource:

Guide to creating tattoos for Vam - Guide to creating tattoos for Vam

Hi Guys,
I have got quite a lot of request to create a guide for how i am creating the wrap around seamless tattoos. I couldnt create a video tutorial, but here is a rough guide on how to do it.

Tools Used
- Gimp
- Photoshop
- Substance Painter 3D

Methodology
Get your tattoos (White background is a real necessity)
Convert the images to PNG
Use substance painter 3d for composite work.

Get Your Tattoos

I use Midjourney to create my tattoos. Once I have my tattoos I upscale...

Read more about this resource...

Great job on the guide.
Always takes ages for these things but well worth the sharing of knowledge!

Just a little tip from me...
Rather than dropping skin textures onto the tiles then resizing, you can also add a fill layer and drop them into the 'base color' slot, then click the box indicated to select which udim tile they refer to.
No need to manually size them then :)

Not that it really matters for what you're doing here, but perhaps useful if people decide to take it further.
1705004638113.png

Great job on the guide.
Always takes ages for these things but well worth the sharing of knowledge!

Just a little tip from me...
Rather than dropping skin textures onto the tiles then resizing, you can also add a fill layer and drop them into the 'base color' slot, then click the box indicated to select which udim tile they refer to.
No need to manually size them then :)

View attachment 322553
Didnt knew that trick!! Like i said i just know what i need to know and thats it:geek:. Thanks for the tip!!

So ive never used substance painter before for majority of the tattoos i just used photoshop and played the guessing game when it came to the back. However im hitting a brick wall when it comes to exporting it just comes out as black.

Attachments

• G2F Paint_G2F_Diffuse.png
    G2F Paint_G2F_Diffuse.png
    6.6 MB · Views: 0
First of all, thanks for your guide!
Very well explained step for step even for someone that is not that pratical with SP like me :D

While messing around with the exporting of the textures, I discovered it's possible to do so directly as alpha PNGs.
Without having to do the extra step on GIMP. This might help you with the issue too @Hotlatte .

While exporting use this Output template:
Screenshot 2024-03-10 005153.jpg

@Fantana , thank you.

This is just makes things hella of alot easier.

Attachments

• 1710066530.jpg
    1710066530.jpg
    663.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 1710066538.jpg
    1710066538.jpg
    520 KB · Views: 0
I actually recently came across this. Like i mentioned in the guide i dont know SP that well either. I am learning. I will update the guide with this step. Thanks @Fantana

Back
Top Bottom