Glowtime

Plugins Glowtime

HAL9001

Reactions
HAL9001 submitted a new resource:

Glowtime - Make stuff glow that normally doesn't

Overview:​

This plugin can be attached to almost any Atom (Exception: Person) that has a Mesh and make it glow by swapping the shader with an Emissive one.
This plugin only works when Glow is enabled in the Preferences! (And it works even better with PostProcessing plugins such as MacGruber's.)

View attachment 376723

Usage:​

Most of the time, adding the plugin and then selecting the intensity and colour...

Read more about this resource...

OH YES! OH YES! OOOOOOOH YES! YES YES YES!! OOOOOOH YEEEEEES! OH YES YES! OH YES! OH YES! OH YES YES YES YEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!! OH YES! OH YES! OH YES! OH YEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! YES YES YES! OH YES YES! OOOOOH YES!!!!

Now...I think it's clear but... just to be sure...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! YES!

You can't believe how much I've been waiting for this!

It's already wanderful as it is but... I hope your plans are to iprove it with the option to setup the glowing for each material (secondary) and to use textures to define the glowing parts (primary). This would be just crazy!

And, of course, here come my huge
THANK YOU

P.s. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH YES!
P.p.s. You may want to take a look at this plugin https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/emissiveclothingplus.31436/ to use texture to define glowing parts...

Are you still searching for a way to list all available shaders? I think Resources.FindObjectsOfTypeAll<Shader>() is the way to go.

Also, would it be possible to target single materials instead of whole objects? Maybe as a script variant to not break current users? Having separate objects for glowing parts feels unnecessarily complicated. Assigning separate materials in Blender and importing that into Unity is way easier.

Hey Hal9001, great plugin! Unfortunately, I'm having a problem with the plugin and a CUA. I can initially add the plugin onto the CUA and it works great. However, after I save and reload the scene, the UI of the plugin goes away, the Glow Colour, Glow Intensity, and Offset Colour are not addressable by other buttons / triggers / sliders, and the plugin doesn't work. I can click reload on the plugin, and instantly the effect and UI comes back, but that's not convenient for a scene that I'm trying give to other people.

I think the problem arises because I disable and re-enable the CUA via a button, and it appears that wipes out the plugin settings. If the plugin is added/reloaded and the CUA isn't hidden when I save it, a load works properly. But, with the scene I'm working on, I want the scene to start with the CIA hidden, and only after certain button presses will the CUA appear and the glow effect needed. Can you please look into this and possibly issue a fix? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom