Can't replicate Glow has z-offset to light object that increases with viewing distance

For performance, glow is rendered on a much lower resolution texture with a smaller depth buffer. This can cause some inaccuracy. You can try setting the glow option to high in the performance to minimize issues. I tested on both desktop and VR to be sure there wasn't another issue, but I didn't see anything that wasn't expected. On low, there can be some offset and other visual artifacts, but on high it looks better.

I just rechecked and my glow setting was actually set to low. I set it to high and loaded the demo scene, and the glow was perfectly aligned. I switched back to low and I could still not reproduce the problem. The glow was still perfectly aligned.

Yesterday the glow was about 1m behind the light object when using a viewing distance of a few meters to the light object. I had VaM running for 2 hours or so though and had loaded many scenes before when I saw the problem in the demo scene. Will further observe this behavior.

Back
Top Bottom