Get a character base textures?

mrmr32

Reactions
Website
github.com
Patreon
mrmr32
Hi,

I'm trying to get all the textures (diffuse, decal, specular, gloss and bump from the head, torso, limbs and genitals) from a character (for example, "Olympia").
I need the path to the image, not the image itself. Still, if I get the `Texture2D` I can save it into a temporal folder (but it would be better to have directly the url).

Now, you can use this code in order to get the desired `DAZCharacter `:
C#:
string skinName = "Olympia";
DAZCharacterSelector _dazCharacterSelector = containingAtom.GetComponentInChildren<DAZCharacterSelector>();
DAZCharacter []characters = _dazCharacterSelector.characters;
DAZCharacter selected = Enumerable.FirstOrDefault(characters, character => character.displayName == skinName);

But I've been looking at VAM's sourcecode and I couldn't find any variable making reference to the path to the image. There's some texture-loading code on `DAZCharacterTextureControl`, but if the `JSONStorableUrl` is empty (as it would be, because I want the "base texture"), no loading at all. But we know that it does works, so someone else should be performing the loading.

If someone can tell me how to get all the (unmodified) base textures of a character by code I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Vam is licensed to use those textures, but not to redistribute them. The Daz interactive license requires that the assets be embedded into the program in such a way that users do not have access to the textures themselves.

So the answer, unfortunately, is that by design, you can't access the base textures

If they are Daz textures, you can probably purchase them on the Daz store yourself. Obviously you wouldn't be able to share your modified skins, as those would fall under the same restrictions (even interactive license is not enough ;) )

Back
Top Bottom