• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Plugins Footsteps

S

SPQR

SPQR submitted a new resource:

Footsteps - plugin that adds footstep sounds on collision with floors, multiple profiles & randomization

INFO
  • small plugin that automatically adds sounds on footsteps
  • It detects collisions with floor atoms (Slate, wood panel, reflective slate, reflective wood panel) for each foot
  • multiple sound profiles with randomized sounds for more realism, some profiles have 20-30 sounds
  • 3 triggers: for left foot step, right foot step and for any step
  • each foot gets an audiosource atom named like PersonName.footsteps.left, you can customize there...

Read more about this resource...

No worries! Whenever you can it's fine, it's quick to add more sound profiles now.
If you have any suggestions on features or settings just let me know! Probably I'll add a volume slider too to control both audiosources in one place

No worries! Whenever you can it's fine, it's quick to add more sound profiles now.
If you have any suggestions on features or settings just let me know! Probably I'll add a volume slider too to control both audiosources in one place
Volume sliders is a good idea. The problem is the sucky collisions in VAM. Sometimes it does not trigger with mocap. I will do more tests and get back to you with any ideas

This is much needed. Is it possible to add to it in the future so it can handle all types of interactions like sitting on a mattress or putting hands on a table?

This is much needed. Is it possible to add to it in the future so it can handle all types of interactions like sitting on a mattress or putting hands on a table?

That's a great idea and I might try to do something like that but there's a big limitation with this approach that I don't think I can work around: unity assets.
It would work fine with vam vanilla props because I can identify them by name. Assets on the other hand are all the same as far as I can tell, I wouldn't be able to distinguish between a table in an asset and another object part of the asset

What I might do instead is something like a person sounds library plugin ,with sounds like you mentioned, that does the sound positioning, loading and playing automatically like Footsteps, but the sounds will not play automatically on a specific impact, but be playable through triggers instead. This I think would open up things for much more content & uses. E.g. "play random kiss", "left hand wood", "back mattress", "right hand spank", stuff like that

But I see the appeal of having it all automatic and just work too. I'll look into it and keep it in mind. Thanks for bringing it up!

That's a great idea and I might try to do something like that but there's a big limitation with this approach that I don't think I can work around: unity assets.
It would work fine with vam vanilla props because I can identify them by name. Assets on the other hand are all the same as far as I can tell, I wouldn't be able to distinguish between a table in an asset and another object part of the asset

What I might do instead is something like a person sounds library plugin ,with sounds like you mentioned, that does the sound positioning, loading and playing automatically like Footsteps, but the sounds will not play automatically on a specific impact, but be playable through triggers instead. This I think would open up things for much more content & uses. E.g. "play random kiss", "left hand wood", "back mattress", "right hand spank", stuff like that

But I see the appeal of having it all automatic and just work too. I'll look into it and keep it in mind. Thanks for bringing it up!
VAM assets would work just fine until you figure out a way for CUA. Even if you don't it would still be cool to have it with vam assets

The latest plugin works well, downloaded Sat. or Sun. There were a few scenes I could not get to work, I think mainly the BVH files where the person bounces around below and then off the floor. I found some Heels vs Flats may work better than other depending how the foot sits. In a few scenes I had to rotate the person so the feet touch right or move the person a little up or down. Even barefoot works. Overall happy with the plugin. If there is a scene that I am not seeing the green hit taps in the plugin after maybe 20 seconds of manipulating the person, I move on. Many scenes I tried got the green taps right away with no manipulation, but I may manipulate the person, so its a little better. I have found so far the well done mocaps work well. If the green hit tap is working, it is working. I have added multiple sound plugins in all my scenes, and in almost all cases needed to adjust the sound some to hear and get the sound balanced. This greatly adds immersion to the scene. I have not had the chance to try the plugin on the Hotchicksvr scenes. If I have time, I will try a few tonight.

I spent a little more time with this and found, what I think SPQR mentioned to me, in some cases I had to add a simple slate if the ground was an asset, and put it just below the asset. May have to lower the person a tad. Also, some selected sounds are really low even after adjusting my sound. I only tried a few so far the Heels seem to be the loudest and work the best. Probably a number of factors come in to play, I have tried adjusting impacting as well. I think once I get the hang of it most if not all scenes will work fine. I also tried the first Hotchicksvr scene and it worked right away, I maybe adjusted just a little.

Last edited:

i kept that in mind while working on a different plugin and made a new feature there that should help in the near future with what you mentioned. With footsteps the audio atoms gets linked to the feet and that's easy. But for more general stuff you can't really fill the scene with hundreds of audio source atoms all over the place. That would be too messy. So what I made instead is something that moves a general-purpose contact sound atom on the contact point, or close to it at least

I'll try to integrate something like that in the near future in a free general-purpose plugin like ExtraTriggers or this one

Suggestion: would be really cool if you could just read your own folder of sounds and play them based on footstep intensity, as well as detect different surfaces. Could be done easily with folder names, probably.

Suggestion: would be really cool if you could just read your own folder of sounds and play them based on footstep intensity, as well as detect different surfaces. Could be done easily with folder names, probably.

you can use ExtraTriggers to do all that, it even has a demo scene for footsteps

This was a patreon request plugin that just streamlines that process from extratriggers so that you don't have to do nothing but add it. So it's probably not gonna get any updates in that direction of customization and more options sorry. But ExtraTriggers should allow you to do all that in minutes

Just saw this on the hub: https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/vibration-support-morphs-with-example-and-model.3481/

Was thinking it would be neat that this combined with steps on surfaces or Alive's hard hit

I'll keep it in mind but no promises for Footsteps, maybe for Alive. Extremely few people seem to use/review/care about creator tool plugins from what i can tell, so it's a waste of time for me going too deep trying to save for very very few people a couple of minutes.

for creators, stuff like that can already be done in minutes with ExtraTriggers/Footsteps + MorphBlend if you want to go dynamic with it or Timeline + MorphBlend if you want to go for better quality animation. With morphblend you can also create custom group of morphs and control them as one, you can add randomization to that slider and you get vibration. Then all you have to do is turn it on/off, either on foot contact with the floor (extratriggers or footsteps) or in Timeline if you're doing high quality animation and want more control

@SPQR Love this plugin. But it crashes the game " I cannot load to any other scene after that, when load other scene VAM just has no response and VAM will throw new error like: " Exception during PreRestore of AnimationPattern: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at SPQR.Footsteps.getIdFootstepsLeft () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at SPQR.Footsteps.FootstepsInit () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Attachments

• message.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 0
sorry i don't offer support to this plugin anymore because of
1667730585697.png

Back
Top Bottom