Question Fixing the automatic head tilt down

GordonShock

Reactions
Hello,

Every single time I get very close to a model's head it will tilt way down. This seems automatic regardless of plugins used in the atom.

You end up looking at a forehead, which is not that interesting.

Any way to fix this?

Solution
The closer you get, the more important it becomes that "Eye Position Offset" and "LookAt Position Offset" are set properly for your situation.
1703194151114.png

"Eye Position Offset" indicates how much higher the eyes are, position/rotation are relative to the headControl. Usually you would want something between 5 and 10cm (0.05- 0.10) here. Depends on head morphs and also how strong your hold position/rotation spring for the head is.

"LookAt Position Offset" works the same way, just on the target side. If you want to look at an eye target or similar atom that would be 0, which is the default. But looking at "the player" or some other characters headControl you would want the same 5 to 10cm (0.05- 0.10) offset here.

1703193915603.png
Assuming you're saying when possessing a body, it sounds like a collision is happening.
If you're not possessing any body then I would check your session plugins as that's not normal.

Upvote 0
Apologies for the silence, life got in the way.

It turns out Gaze is the culprit, and unless I crank the Max Angle Vertical all the way down, this behavior will occur. Doing so kinda sucks because it removes the option for the character to look down at the player.

I hate to drag you into this @MacGruber, but any thoughts on this?

Upvote 0
The closer you get, the more important it becomes that "Eye Position Offset" and "LookAt Position Offset" are set properly for your situation.
1703194151114.png

"Eye Position Offset" indicates how much higher the eyes are, position/rotation are relative to the headControl. Usually you would want something between 5 and 10cm (0.05- 0.10) here. Depends on head morphs and also how strong your hold position/rotation spring for the head is.

"LookAt Position Offset" works the same way, just on the target side. If you want to look at an eye target or similar atom that would be 0, which is the default. But looking at "the player" or some other characters headControl you would want the same 5 to 10cm (0.05- 0.10) offset here.

1703193915603.png

Upvote 0
Solution
After some testing, it seems like a value of 5 and 10 gives the best results. So you're pretty much on the mark. Thank you kindly sir!

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom