First sight review of 'VirtualMate'

Virkan

Reactions
Hi all,
just in case any of you stumble by chance over the 'VirtualMate' startup ( https://www.virtualmate.com ) that claims to offer a male toy with 'extremely high graphics' and a 'lifelike character'-game. The promo video look really great, implicating that you will get that kind of quality ingame as well, and they promise you in their advertizing texts the pure High-end-full-immersive-heaven-on-earth. But that is really far away from reality and really anything else but not what you will get ingame. I received my package today and just took a look into the game graphics.
Oh boy. Horrible ! The ingame graphic looks odd, is bad lit, and lightyears away from anything that we are used to through VAM. The model is quite simple, and also far away from the quality that we are used to through VAM 1.2x.

The hardware device might be better, I didn't try it yet, but the graphics and game part is pure trash, not worth a single cent.

For comparison:

This is, what they promote that you will see:

Screenshot_2021-01-28 Virtual Mate - World's First Virtual Intimacy System_3.png

And this is what you really see (Settings 'Cinematic'):

Bild4.jpg

Bild2.jpg

Bad lighting, no hair-sim, poor physics, especially concerning the boob, overall bad animated with almost all lack of any skill. Horrible and cheap looking.
The textures are cheap photo-taken and badly mapped.
Lightyears away from a proper VAM-setup, even that we are still on 1.x without HDRP currently.

EDIT:
After a short 'dry'-test of the device, concerning the physics, they have some, but not a good one.
Especially concerning the breast movement they are far, far away from good quality with their Phys engine

Sad, as the device itself seems to work good with the game engine and usual Fleshlight-sleeves fit perfectly in the housing.
But more or less, they offer the same device that Fleshlight already has in their store since a few years, the Fleshlight-Motion-Controller addon device.
Maybe a bit more technically advanced than theirs, but basically the same function.

EDIT_1:
After walking throgh all possible scenes, the whole game engine is more or less simply boring beside the bad graphics.
You only have some premade angles and movements that are controlled in their speed by using (pumping) in the device sleeve.
Nothing fancy, nothing immersive, simple and boring.
And the girl talks endlessly and you cannot stop that talking and talking and talking.
No button to make her shut of and simply let her moan without a further word.

Conclusion:

Would be a great tool if they would provide a plugin bridge to use the hardware part fully integrated in VAM.
With their own game engine, forget it, at least in the current status, but I see the major problem beside the bad graphics mainly in it's very limited usage with only premade movements and view angles.
Nothing interesting when you are used to VAM.
So, as long as they don't provide an integration-plugin to make the hardware-part work with VAM, better keep or spend your money for something else.

Btw., they also have a stop-and-go-fast-slow function by using the hardware part for normal XXX-videos, what is exactly the same as the original Fleshlight-motion-controller already offers for way less money and since several years.

Last edited:
And just for comparsion for those among you who are not so familar with proper VAM lighting and scene setup, this is what VAM looks INGAME and REALTIME:

1610771655.jpg

1611719574.jpg

I bought that thing when they had a sale mid December. It is still in "Shipping Pending" meaning the courier hasn't received the item but nope, can't cancel the order or change address. Their official discord are full of people saying not to buy it and they don't even care. But it looks like regular updates so that's nice I guess?

You will supposingly receive your package and the device works basically, but as shown above, the grapics is total shit and lightyears away from what we have in VAM, not to mention what Unreal is now capable of with Metahuman.
Unfortunately, that device seems to me as being a death-born product.
Much bla-bla and attitude, but nothing more.

Virtual mate has released the software for anybody to use.hopefully a creator on here can develope it into these models.show themhow its done

Thank you @Virkan for your review. What this company does is pumping all the crowdfounding money into effective marketing and fishing for supporters. An other example for an "overhyped" product wich is not able to hold it´s promisses. Actually we already HAVE to most advanced technology out there you could ever think of. VaM as software is brilliant and will get even better with VaM 2.0 for sure. According to the "hardware"...Have you ever heard of Tempest? This guy is making some groundbraking work with his machine. He managed to complet a 6 axis (!) stroker robot fully compatible with VaM and more. Have a look here

So even if this is not our cup of tea I for myself love groundbraking ideas and people making things possible like this (Gato)

I built the OSR2 from TempestVR and can only recommend that if you can you support him, amazing work. The OSR2 is open and free! The 6 axis one is more complex to build and I am not going to attempt it yet. The OSR2 works great though, you get a lot more movement than you would expect as it's not just up and down (2 servos allows for tilt left and right as well).
You can 3D print the parts and buy the rest cheap from your favourite Chinese online marketplace, costing <$50 for the lot.

Great information. Thanks. Where does one go to get VAM2. I'm new at this and trying to get a basic understanding of VR possibilities.

OP is correct in their description. I got mine couple years back. I'm surprised he got the unit to reliably work to view all the scenes. The base the unit rests on to charge and active are total garbage. You have to tap the top of the unit while it is resting in it's cradle to turn it on and start the "warming" cycle. My farts are hotter than this thing gets. That's if you can get the damn thing to turn on and stay on. Other than that, the scripting for interaction was ok. The harder you thrust, the louder she moans and so on. Enough time spent, the model will climax. You can keep going as long as you want. The unit works by a pressure sensor in the rear of the unit. I don't know if it is water proof or not. The supplied sleeve is closed on the end. Flesh lights are not. Since you are reading this, I'm gong to take it for granted that you understand fluids and electricity do not mix to well. The higher the mineral content or salinity of the medium, the better electron flow. Zap and your toy is broke, and a tool may get singed. Lithium-ion batteries have a tendency to explode when shorted by things like salty water. Too each his own. It may be what you are looking for, but I would think twice before wasting money on this product or using an open ended insert if you are a current owner.

Back
Top Bottom