First Date
Thank you for the suggestion! I am currently remaking the the intro to have a “customize look” button that in addition to customizing Veronica, will have a button to set the scale for custom looks. I could see about adding a “reset” button that will take you back to that menu in case a user wants to change looks again. I can see about getting an update out before 4.0 to address this.

Oops! I save the buttons as presets to speed up the UI creation. Looks like I forgot to change the name though. I’ll get that fixed in the next small update. Thank you for being it to my attention!

No problem! Keep up the good work!

Zinigo updated First Date with a new update entry:

New customization menu/intro. Bug fixes.

Huge shout out to ascorad for helping track down an odd bug that occurred while making this update and for testing the new menus and animations!

As usual, please report and issues you may have in the discussion thread. Feedback and suggestions are welcome as well!
  • Updated the intro scene with a whole new menu to easily import custom looks or customize the look of Veronica complete with some nice animations! You are now...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Bug fixes

This is a minor update to fix some bugs. This will also be the final update for awhile unless anything scene breaking is brought to my attention, as I am starting on a new scene and want to give it the attention it needs. I may circle back to this scene again to add more positions, but as of now I don't think there is much more to add and my energy would be best put towards the new scene. I've learned a lot from making First Date, and can't wait to put it to good use!
  • Fixed...

I love this scene! But sadly for some reason it has a tendency to break my physics and the girl explodes on certain positions idk why. Sometimes it works and other times it's a pain :cry:

I love this scene! But sadly for some reason it has a tendency to break my physics and the girl explodes on certain positions idk why. Sometimes it works and other times it's a pain :cry:
Sorry to hear that! I’ve don’t some pretty thorough testing and never ran into that issue. I’d be happy to help you investigate the cause though, maybe we can figure it out!

Let’s start simple, are you using a custom look? This is the most common cause of physics exploding. In my scene the model scale is set to 0.900 instead of 1.00. It’s a big size difference, so if not set properly can cause issues. If you are using a model, make sure you’re using the “Customize Date” option. You can find it in both the welcome box, and pose menu. Once your there, make sure you follow the instructions for importing a look on the left hand side. As long as there are no extreme morphs, i.e long neck, arms, really large glutes, this should prevent the physics exploding.

If you’re using the default model.. we’ll that could be an issue. Let me know if you are and well

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that! I’ve don’t some pretty thorough testing and never ran into that issue. I’d be happy to help you investigate the cause though, maybe we can figure it out!

Let’s start simple, are you using a custom look? This is the most common cause of physics exploding. In my scene the model scale is set to 0.900 instead of 1.00. It’s a big size difference, so if not set properly can cause issues. If you are using a model, make sure you’re using the “Customize Date” option. You can find it in both the welcome box, and pose menu. Once your there, make sure you follow the instructions for importing a look on the left hand side. As long as there are no extreme morphs, i.e long neck, arms, really large glutes, this should prevent the physics exploding.

If you’re using the default model.. we’ll that could be an issue. Let me know if you are and well
Yea it seems to be only on model load when changing the girl's appearance, both with the new customization menu and with loading it in manually. It's not the person scaling either, when loading in I use UI Assist with scale change suppression on when changing looks so it keeps them at 0.900 but still same issue.

Yea it seems to be only on model load when changing the girl's appearance, both with the new customization menu and with loading it in manually. It's not the person scaling either, when loading in I use UI Assist with scale change suppression on when changing looks so it keeps them at 0.900 but still same issue.
Mmm.. if it’s on model load, it’s got to be the scale on initial load. UI assist and my button does changes the scale, but there’s still the brief moment on load where the look is set to the default of the loaded appearance. This could causes issue as the model will violently clip through the environment even if for a brief second. For now, I know it’s a pain and I apologize, but try manually turning off collision for the model, then load the appearance, hit the scale or use the UI assist, then turn on collision. This should fix the issue for in the meantime. I’ll try to think of a more permenant fix for this. I do apologize you’re having this issue!

Mmm.. if it’s on model load, it’s got to be the scale on initial load. UI assist and my button does changes the scale, but there’s still the brief moment on load where the look is set to the default of the loaded appearance. This could causes issue as the model will violently clip through the environment even if for a brief second. For now, I know it’s a pain and I apologize, but try manually turning off collision for the model, then load the appearance, hit the scale or use the UI assist, then turn on collision. This should fix the issue for in the meantime. I’ll try to think of a more permenant fix for this. I do apologize you’re having this issue!
For some reason even with collision, and soft physics turned off on both male and female physics I still get them exploding on animation load. It's so strange I've never had issue like that before I wish I could offer more information that might be clues to what's happening.

For some reason even with collision, and soft physics turned off on both male and female physics I still get them exploding on animation load. It's so strange I've never had issue like that before I wish I could offer more information that might be clues to what's happening.
No worries, I want to do everything I can to get this sorted for you. When you are freezing physics, are you doing it from the main UI of the game, or from the 'Control' menu of person atoms themselves?

I've got a few things you can try, some trouble shooting steps that might be able to help me figure it out if you'd like to try them and report the results.

First if you can, temporally disable UIAssist. I am not saying it's causing an issue, I would just like to eliminate as many variables effecting the scale of the models. If we only have one thing changing it, it will be easier to narrow down the issue.

Then I would like you to open the scene. Go ahead and set Veronica to 1.0 scale. Load in your appearance. Make sure the preset your loading has a scale of 1.0 by default. Once it's finished loading, I'd like you to manually go into the Control menu of that person atom and set the scale to 0.900. Once that's set try a few of the positions and see if you're still getting the issue.

I know these are a lot of steps, however I want to do everything I can to get this sorted. If you'd prefer, and the look you're using is a public look, feel free to DM me the link to the look and I can see about doing some testing on my end.

Ugh it's ok, nothing changed it's still exploding and I removed all my session plugins to make sure nothing funny was happening. Tried it multiple times with every physics settings, made sure I had full restart of VAM between tests and everything. Tried setting Veronica to 1.0, changing looks and setting her back to 0.9 too and all was fine. This persists across almost all of my looks, with some odd exceptions, which leads me to think that somehow it's morph related and that there's some common morph among my looks that's causing it? Yet most my looks are pretty tame and standard in shape and sizes.

Ugh it's ok, nothing changed it's still exploding and I removed all my session plugins to make sure nothing funny was happening. Tried it multiple times with every physics settings, made sure I had full restart of VAM between tests and everything. Tried setting Veronica to 1.0, changing looks and setting her back to 0.9 too and all was fine. This persists across almost all of my looks, with some odd exceptions, which leads me to think that somehow it's morph related and that there's some common morph among my looks that's causing it? Yet most my looks are pretty tame and standard in shape and sizes.
I’m really sorry we couldn’t get this narrowed down. I and another pretty well known creator tested the scene pretty thoroughly, I know I alone used several looks in testing from my looks as well as popular looks from users like ddaamn, ascorad, RenVR and PetaZwega, and can’t say I ran into this issue. So sadly not sure what could be causing it. Again, really sorry we couldn’t get it sorted, I want everyone to be able to enjoy my scenes. Hopefully in the future I can change your impression. :(

One last ditch effort, if you could capture this on video and send it my way I would appreciate it greatly. Maybe I can spot something in the video and improve my scenes in the future.

Last edited:
Can you try it with one of Zinigo's other looks as a test? I know for sure those work for me because I tried them. If you still have a physics explosion, it might be helpful to run a sync/repair all from VaM_Updater.exe just to make sure there isn't a corruption in one of your core files :)

New Positions and Bug Fixes

New Content

2 New poses! Doggy Style 3 and Solo 1

Fixes

-When using the magic button to scale custom looks, clothes will no longer be removed.

-Changed default outfit to not include skirt as it clipped with some animations. You however can still add the skirt in the clothing menu if you prefer it on.

-Fixed issue where music would be playing but the Music button would be on the "off" state on scene load.

-Clothing menu closed by default...

No idea how i missed it for that long -_-
Just tried the scene for the first time and i must said, i'm really impressed. Starting from the menu build, sex acts and ... how it 'just works' with any look.
Overall it is the best scene i saw in a many months. There are scenes with nicer\longer loops, sure. There are scenes with more sex positions too. There are scenes with story instead of 'introduction->and go to sex', but only here all just worked together out the box. Thats super impressive.

Here are my 2 cents, which are mostly affected by my rig i guess.

Idk what are the numbers of people using WMR\G2 headsets, as far i see on official discord it's maybe around 10-20% of ppl? But i got stuck on the very 2nd screen. Clicked the button to go to change fem model, and then... couldn't open the menu. So, i had to use desktop mode in VR and ... disable PostMagic.
Yeah. Unfortunatelly it's broken on WMR HMDs, so it might be a good idea to add a switch off for it somewhere in the scene UI. Or replace it with tonemap assetbundle.

Lightning. This might be because i removed PostMagic... but the main light used on girl was directional light. It caused models looks ugly as fck. And spot lights were barelly noticeable. Even after changing all lights into forced pixel, spot lights i still was at stable ~60 fps. Still it was a bit too darky as for me.

Bonus: I saw someone mentioned to switch Passenger to Embody.
This is the very 2nd thing i do in pov scenes, just after changing female model. But i do the opposite. I'm changing from embody to passenger + improved pov.
Reason? Everytime U open the menu Embody quits from pov mode. It's just too annoying.

Last edited:
No idea how i missed it for that long -_-
Just tried the scene for the first time and i must said, i'm really impressed. Starting from the menu build, sex acts and ... how it 'just works' with any look.
Overall it is the best scene i saw in a many months. There are scenes with nicer\longer loops, sure. There are scenes with more sex positions too. There are scenes with story instead of 'introduction->and go to sex', but only here all just worked together out the box. Thats super impressive.

Here are my 2 cents, which are mostly affected by my rig i guess.

Idk what are the numbers of people using WMR\G2 headsets, as far i see on official discord it's maybe around 10-20% of ppl? But i got stuck on the very 2nd screen. Clicked the button to go to change fem model, and then... couldn't open the menu. So, i had to use desktop mode in VR and ... disable PostMagic.
Yeah. Unfortunatelly it's broken on WMR HMDs, so it might be a good idea to add a switch off for it somewhere in the scene UI. Or replace it with tonemap assetbundle.

Lightning. This might be because i removed PostMagic... but the main light used on girl was directional light. It caused models looks ugly as fck. And spot lights were barelly noticeable. Even after changing all lights into forced pixel, spot lights i still was at stable ~60 fps. Still it was a bit too darky as for me.

Bonus: I saw someone mentioned to switch Passenger to Embody.
This is the very 2nd thing i do in pov scenes, just after changing female model. But i do the opposite. I'm changing from embody to passenger + improved pov.
Reason? Everytime U open the menu Embody quits from pov mode. It's just too annoying.

Thank you so much for the feedback and kind words!

I’ll look into adding a button toggle for PostMagic, it’s a pretty good idea and couldalso help users gain a small amount of FPS. I’ve also been tossing around the idea of adding a slider to adjust light intensity. Think it might be time to do that before I put this scene to rest.

Thank you again for the suggestions!

Great scene! One question, is the a cum button during the BJ/sex positions? Don't see one anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom