Question Fatal Error while installation :( Help

hanstahl123

Reactions
Hi,

I wanted to reinstall my VAM, because its getting slow and things like that. Now, I wanted to install the newest version, but at 20% a message pops up "Fatal Error". The only choice I get, is to cancel the installation. So, I tried to install an older version. Waited so long, whole installation, all the downloads in the backround... At 90% a message pops up again, "Fatal Error".
Never had this problem before, hope somebody can help me.

I used VAM a long time, so its not my Hardware or something like that. Maybe somebody had the same problem.

THX :)

Can you post a screenshot of the error warning?

The vam updater is prone to this type of failure. If it's telling you it failed on a particular file, The solution is to juet keep running it. It will pick up from where it left off, rather than downloading everything again. Eventually, it will make it through the problem files and finish up.

Upvote 0
I wanted to reinstall my VAM, because its getting slow and things like that

do you hear weird sounds from your pc, slower windows explorer? maybe your hdd is failing

Upvote 0
The vam updater is prone to this type of failure. If it's telling you it failed on a particular file, The solution is to juet keep running it. It will pick up from where it left off, rather than downloading everything again. Eventually, it will make it through the problem files and finish up.
So, i wanted to make a screenshot to show you the message.. now everything is okay and its installed :))) thank you

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom