FastPhysicsDemo

Other FastPhysicsDemo

epi.noah

Featured Contributor
Reactions
epi.noah submitted a new resource:

FastPhysicsDemo - Improve you visuals for dance scenes

A demonstration of fast physics settings.

Creators... Please stop using a low number of lights and low quality textures in your dance scenes when the physics are what's killing the performance.

Users... Send this to your Patreon creator, your paid content provider. Send it to them on their holidays and their birthdays! Bug them every day :)

View attachment 199697

Credits
  • SPQR for the Performance plugin included in the var.
  • Unknown creator for the...

Read more about this resource...

Well for me the hair + phsyics rate doesn't change FPS much. Softbody physics is the biggest, with a 50 fps cost (I always turn it off). The Advanced collider is something I haven't seen before, and that costs another FPS, so I'll try turning that off in some scenes as well, thanks for that!

Edit: hah, I tried turning advanced colliders off, and that ruins most of the clothing if it's sim based. If you use clothing without sim, you can actually turn it off without losing anything it seems. Easy 20 fps saved on most scenes, by just checking what clothes to use.

Performance wise you are all right, but sometimes you just want to have advanced colliders (look at the hands in the animation or the clipping of the Bikini top), even at a cost of some FPS

Performance wise you are all right, but sometimes you just want to have advanced colliders (look at the hands in the animation or the clipping of the Bikini top), even at a cost of some FPS

View attachment 199894

Definitely. That’s why I wrote that it’s not possible all the time.

But for a dance scene, if I’m the creator, I would build/edit the animation in such a way that it would be compatible with this.

“Hey, mocap model! Stop touching yourself and your hair. Keep your hands away from your body. It’s a dance scene”

Moreover, timeline can trigger these just like a button can. So if you have a dance scene where you wanna see things shake at high fps, and if is followed by an intimate part where you need advanced colliders and soft physics but not a lot of jiggle, you can do that.

It’s a bummer when a scene has a single light but clothes that are heavy on the sim.

Last edited:
Definitely. That’s why I wrote that it’s not possible all the time.

But for a dance scene, if I’m the creator, I would build/edit the animation in such a way that it would be compatible with this.

“Hey, mocap model! Stop touching yourself and your hair. Keep your hands away from your body. It’s a dance scene”

Moreover, timeline can trigger these just like a button can. So if you have a dance scene where you wanna see things shake at high fps, and if is followed by an intimate part where you need advanced colliders and soft physics but not a lot of jiggle, you can do that.

It’s a bummer when a scene has a single light but clothes that are heavy on the sim.
I always replace the model with my own, with 16 gpu hair, simless clothing, no soft body and another pro tip: remove the hair/clothing from the male. Why spend FPS on the guy you are using as a pov. As a matter of fact, better to have a big sphere to use as a pov point.

Yeah, I do that in my scenes, I use the trigger tracks a lot in Timeline.
Anyway, thanks for pointing out these essential performance helpers to the ppl who where not aware of them 👍🏻

I added more to the description, thank you for the feedback that helped me do that.

These are things that most of us already know because we've been here long enough and we've read the guides at some point. But a quick demonstration is more convincing than just words on a screen (y)

This is great. I had no idea hair sim was hurting my performance this much. I was getting around 80fps with my old scene, and after applying your tips, I went up to 200! Thanks for sharing.

Also, in your scene, the FloorPhysics with a hidden shader, try to enable the shader back and see how much fps you lose :p

It's probably a good idea to hide shaders for things outside your vision with a trigger if needed.

Also, in your scene, the FloorPhysics with a hidden shader, try to enable the shader back and see how much fps you lose :p

Indeed.

Even in my scenes where I have a visible floor, I include a separate atom for Floor Physics, so that it's possible to switch the floor/room atom off without messing the animations (the feet still touch something where a floor was supposed to be). I usually have a button on the tablet that switches the floor/room atom off and switches to lights that track her closely. Even if you use the same number of lights, it gives you a small performance boost.

Check epiDeluxeRoom :)

It's probably a good idea to hide shaders for things outside your vision with a trigger if needed.

That's the kind of culling optimization that ideally the engine would take care off. With shadows coming from things that are not on your screen, it could be a pain to do it by hand for each scene. Maybe it could be a plugin idea.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom