Faith Seed

Looks Faith Seed

Stardon

Reactions
Patreon
Stardon
Stardon submitted a new resource:

Faith Seed - Faith Seed from Far Cry 5

Faith Seed from Far Cry 5, my first ever ported model but I'm only now just releasing it as I was still fixing some stuff with her. This one comes with 2 dresses, her proper hair and a pair of shoes. Her proper dress is not included as it is extremely broken when ported. Both dresses are Sim clothing. Enjoy everyone and there is more to come!

Read more about this resource...

Your model needs a lot of work.

1) Face taken from an uncropped render.
2) Face taken from in-game cutscene(color corrected to remove the excess green color)
3) Your model's face.

1625132097913.png

FWIW, if you're playing around with the morphs to find the proper proportions, it might be useful to add an image panel to the scene for comparisons. Also, I'm not sure where you got that texture on the face but it looks... very blotchy.

You clearly put a lot of time into this. I'd like to suggest a few specific things you could improve:

1) Looks like you're starting to try direct face texture editing? If so, I recommend looking into learning FaceGen to help make custom faces (though it really is just a starting point for making bases for custom textures). It's very very difficult to take textures from a photo and directly edit them onto a VAM face texture and have it look good (if that's what you did here).
I strongly support the use of blemishes and textural elements for realism, but this takes them very far; and, she's a pretty youthful and pure-complexioned character to begin with.
2) I wouldn't mess with eyeball morphs! (Unless you really know what you're doing.) If I had to pick one thing to fix in the morph, it's that the eyeballs are stretched vertically - that would turn any human face, however gorgeous, into something at least a bit grotesque!
3) you've got two different hairstyles on top of each other that don't match at all, either with color or texture. It's clever to combine them to get closer to the look you want, but if they don't fit, they don't help!

VAM is overwhelming, and there are a lot of skillsets needed to make a good look. It will be a long journey! But you have a lot of help available; please don't ignore the guides, and if you have any questions about where to start, what to learn first, please don't hesitate to ask.
And lastly, ignore the unhelpful reviews! These critics either have no idea how hard it is, or they've been creating for long enough that they forget how hard it was to start out. Dont' let it get in your way.

This model is a port from DAZ using the Genesis 8 to VAM guide on the Hub. I did not create the original model, I only ported it. I am very greatful for all of the tips posted so far, thank you.

3) you've got two different hairstyles on top of each other that don't match at all, either with color or texture. It's clever to combine them to get closer to the look you want, but if they don't fit, they don't help!
One useful plugin to shortcut mixing and matching hair is this one:

This model is a port from DAZ using the Genesis 8 to VAM guide on the Hub. I did not create the original model, I only ported it. I am very greatful for all of the tips posted so far, thank you.

For what it's worth, I think maybe you missed a step in the conversion tutorial? I've never actually tried to convert DAZ to VAM myself, but this rather looks like you weren't starting for 0.

One useful plugin to shortcut mixing and matching hair is this one:

For what it's worth, I think maybe you missed a step in the conversion tutorial? I've never actually tried to convert DAZ to VAM myself, but this rather looks like you weren't starting for 0.
I think you are right, something has messed up in the conversion progress. I am still learning to use it properly. I feel the Jessica one actually worked well. I'm going to either A find a better model or B start again on it. Conversion from DAZ to VAM can have seriously mixed results from what I've read from people and from what you can already see with this model.

Back
Top Bottom