FaceBlend

northern.shikima

Reactions
northern.shikima submitted a new resource:

FaceBlend - Seamlessly blend a Face texture with any body texture

FaceBlend is a plugin to seamlessly blend any face texture with a different set of skin textures without needing Photoshop, GIMP, Blender or any external programs

View attachment 323186

Has it every happened to you where you find a beautiful face preset only to find the body textures don't match your taste? Someone created a preset of your favorite characters, but the body texture isn't for you? Created a new character with FaceGen and unhappy with the default body textures...

Read more about this resource...

Does this also have an option to save the face and body textures into new texture image files for loading in later scenes without the plugin active?

Could you do a version for gens? I hate pubic hair and spend a lot of time with GIMP editing textures. Heh.

Does this also have an option to save the face and body textures into new texture image files for loading in later scenes without the plugin active?
For now you can save the plugin settings as a plugin preset and it should restore correctly in another scene. I was debating allowing export, it wouldn't be too hard I think. Maybe in the next update.

Last edited:
Could you do a version for gens? I hate pubic hair and spend a lot of time with GIMP editing textures. Heh.
So... what I was thinking for the next version was allowing users to choose which body part to apply to and supply their own mask texture. Then you could use it for pubic hair, but also for switching out eyebrows, nipples, etc.

Seems a bit buggy? I was testing it out and reloaded the plugin and now it won't work in the scene at all, even if I re-add it.
Amazing plugin though!

Seems a bit buggy? I was testing it out and reloaded the plugin and now it won't work in the scene at all, even if I re-add it.
Amazing plugin though!
Thanks!

Yes I've run into that before. It seems like the asset bundle containing the shader gets locked and if the plugin dies without cleaning up the lock it can't load it again. I think I have a potential fix I will have to try later this week hopefully.

northern.shikima updated FaceBlend with a new update entry:

Alright quick update with:
- bug fixes
- bake (export) texture button!!!

I actually recommend you do the blending in a simple scene, then export the texture for use in other scenes without the plugin. There are still some bugs I'm trying to quash that might lead to frustration if you just leave the plugin on instead of baking.

Please do not distribute baked textures that use content that you do not have the right to distribute. If in doubt, check the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

thank you ! thank you ! thank ! , this is the feature of vam that i wish it had. the 2.0 bake update is absolutely revolutionary.

Haven't had a chance to try yet, but this looks awesome! Will save a lot of time spent in manual matching. +1 on expanding this to all body textures.

I wonder if it's possible to also do the HSV matching in some automated way in the future. If you can get patches of textures in the blend region, try a small range of all possible HSV changes and see which pixel values are most similar? Then display 3-5 closest values.

For now you can save the plugin settings as a plugin preset and it should restore correctly in another scene. I was debating allowing export, it wouldn't be too hard I think. Maybe in the next update.
Export feature live now!
Haven't had a chance to try yet, but this looks awesome! Will save a lot of time spent in manual matching. +1 on expanding this to all body textures.

I wonder if it's possible to also do the HSV matching in some automated way in the future. If you can get patches of textures in the blend region, try a small range of all possible HSV changes and see which pixel values are most similar? Then display 3-5 closest values.
That's a clever suggestion.

A quick and dirty way could be if we use Unity's built in mipmap generation to create a very scaled down version of both textures, find the mean color of both mipmaps, look at the difference between the colors and then convert the difference to HSV values? Something to experiment with!

V3 - Use different mask textures to control blending!

V3 is here! With V3, FaceBlend now supports user-supplied mask textures to control the blending.

The default mask texture for blending face seams remains, but V3 also includes sample eyebrow and lips masks. Now you can change the eyebrows or lips of your character! These new masks work well with some skins and not so well with others, but now the talented artists in this community can provide their own masks!

So... what I was thinking for the next version was allowing users to choose which body part to apply to and supply their own mask texture. Then you could use it for pubic hair, but also for switching out eyebrows, nipples, etc.
🤩I was thinking the same thing! Being able to custom nipples and genitals in-game with your plugin would be a dream 😍
Do you have a way I can please give you some money to help support your endeavours?

Last edited:
For some reason im getting an error: Unable to load asset bundle when i insert the plug in. Not sure what Im doing wrong. This didnt happen on version 3 🤷‍♂️

For some reason im getting an error: Unable to load asset bundle when i insert the plug in. Not sure what Im doing wrong. This didnt happen on version 3 🤷‍♂️
Just to rule anything out I did a entirely vanilla install of Virt-A-Mate (no other addons or plugins), downloaded V4 from the hub and it still seems to work for me?

A few suggestions - make sure you're adding the plugin in a new/empty scene with a single person, and avoid saving or loading scenes with it added. Maybe avoid using it in plugin presets too.

If you want to save your blending results, use the Bake feature to save it as a new texture and use that texture instead of presets and scene saves.

The best workflow would be create a new empty scene, load a person, do the texture blending in the empty scene. Save/Bake out the new texture(s) and use those textures in other scenes.

Last edited:
Lol, this stuff is so good I accidentally rated it twice) Ultra useful. Thanks again👍

Are you just looking to adjust Hue/Saturation/Value of entire body at once? Or full-on blending with 4 separate mask textures?
Adjust Hue/Saturation/Value of entire body at once.

I don't even know what "full-on blending with 4 separate mask textures" means, so I'm definetly not trying to do that lol

Adjust Hue/Saturation/Value of entire body at once.

I don't even know what "full-on blending with 4 separate mask textures" means, so I'm definetly not trying to do that lol
Yup so the Hue-Saturation-Value controls are just meant to adjust the color of overlay texture to match the base texture to help hide the seams, not really meant for adjusting whole body.

I realize now though that some people might want the inverse (Like keep the overlay texture the same color and adjust the whole body to match the overlay instead), or some folks just might want to bake out color adjustments with no texture blending. I might add these options to the next version once I get some development time.

Face blend does not change the neck part of face texture. Example

This requires changing all of the other textures to match the face instead

It looks like you set your intended overlay texture as your base texture? Make sure the person already has a face texture that matches the body texture skin before loading the plugin. In the plugin use the overlay texture slot to pick the new face that you want to blend in, and it will use colors from both face textures to make a match.

V5 is here! Now you can HSV adjust the entire body to match the face, etc..

V5 includes a few new features that should continue to make this a helpful texture authoring tool!

Use Alpha as Mask - When checked, use the transparency of overlay texture as the mask. This is useful for makeup decals, etc.
Invert Mask - Inverts the mask texture (Treats black as white and white as black)
Apply HSV to Base Textures - By default HSV only applies to overlay texture. With this option selected you can now adjust the entire body instead while keeping the...

Back
Top Bottom