Face Transfer with Texture Conversion

Cyber Sculptor

Reactions
DAZ 3d has a cool face transfer plugin (FT) but it uses Genesis 8 (G8) models instead of VAM 1.x's Genesis 2 (G2) models. The plugin converts a face photo into 3d model textures. There are some helpful guides to convert G8 models to G2 (link, link). However, the G8 textures are not converted to G2 ones. There is a way using UVs to use G8 textures (link) but I have not tried that yet. Possibly this blender template (link) can convert the textures too.

I have created software (Gen8to2Conv) that automates the conversion of G8 to G2 textures (link). This is perhaps an easier way to facilitate the use of FT results. It can be used independently of or in combination with FT model conversion. If using it without model conversion, the textures produced from FT can be applied to a VAM model and VAM morphs can be used to create the model shape desired. To get started, in the Gen8to2Conv page, click code->download zip. Then use the instructions on the Github page to use the software. I have added this under resources: other.

How to apply the generated textures: Place files from /output/ into ./Custom/Atom/Person/Textures/NewFolderName/. Then in VAM, if wanted to reset a model to defaults for use with the textures, Edit Mode->Select Model->Female or Male Morphs->Default->All. To apply textures, Skin Textures->Diffuse Face->Select " /Custom/Atom/Person/Textures/" as folder from left->Select " NewFolderName" on right->Select headm.mpg. Do the same for each body section. One can save it as a "skin preset" or "appearance preset" to reapply the textures to any model.

Last edited:
I think you can create a resource under "Others" for your project, that would increase substantially the reach of it compared to a forum thread.
Looking forward to try this out.

Cool, thanks @atani . I have now created a post for that. Thanks for trying the software. Let me know if any assistance is needed with it and I will be available to help.

Back
Top Bottom