Daz 3D announces Genesis 9 models!

DJ

Staff member
Reactions

And damn, it looks good!
unknown.png

Genesis 9 is slated to be released mid October.

Will it work with Vam 2.x?

Meshed says "It should if they didn't make anything that fundamentally can't be exported."

More screenshots, and Meshed's comments as he watches the video are on discord here.

(Discord invite here if you need it.)

The female / male conversion is very interesting at 44:10.

So I guess we could have one universal figure in the future.
No more female-only- or male-only-clothing.
Imagine users will no longer have to scream for "Do a female version!!!11" when a creator releases content for male / futa!

I do like DAZ3D and it's easier to use then I thought. But DAZ3D has a major flow, many skin textures look to 'plastic'. VaM has also this issue a lot in my opinion. It looks to artificial, plastic and glossy.

It seems they fixed it with Victoria 9, which is very promising. Even though I just started with DAZ3D, i'm slowly showing more and more interest in Unreal Engine 5. Not only for character's but also the whole overal possibilities with the engine.

Unreal Engine 5 comes very close to photorealistic graphics. Imagine if VaM 2.x was working with Unreal Engine 5. :sneaky:

MetaHuman

Somehow my brain can't figure it out with this video and don't know what to believe. :ROFLMAO:

Here is like a fully CG rendered movie in Unreal Engine 5.

Last edited:
Unreal Engine 5 comes very close to photorealistic graphics. Imagine if VaM 2.x was working with Unreal Engine 5. :sneaky:

Meshed has said the following about switching to Unreal:

"Never going to happen. Some of the highly optimized things VaM needs to do like specialized skinning and physics would be quite difficult to make work in Unreal. And I now have nearly 8 years of experience in Unity and C#. That won't translate very well to Unreal."

"And you mentioned MetaHumans in Unreal. MetaHumans have no genitals. There is no grafting system like Daz3d to add your own. You would have to completely modify the mesh and re-rig."

I recall reading that systems like Lumen, which make static environments look really good, don't work particularly well on dynamic human models. And Vam, is really about how good the people look, not how realistic the backgrounds are.

Also note that how good you can make a given model/system look with full rendering has no bearing on Vam, where each frame needs to be rendered in realtime.

Meshed has said the following about switching to Unreal:

"Never going to happen. Some of the highly optimized things VaM needs to do like specialized skinning and physics would be quite difficult to make work in Unreal. And I now have nearly 8 years of experience in Unity and C#. That won't translate very well to Unreal."

"And you mentioned MetaHumans in Unreal. MetaHumans have no genitals. There is no grafting system like Daz3d to add your own. You would have to completely modify the mesh and re-rig."

I recall reading that systems like Lumen, which make static environments look really good, don't work particularly well on dynamic human models. And Vam, is really about how good the people look, not how realistic the backgrounds are.

Also note that how good you can make a given model/system look with full rendering has no bearing on Vam, where each frame needs to be rendered in realtime.

I agree with everything except the background/environments.. They contribute on the immersion feeling. Maybe not for you, but they are for a lot of other people including me. They also set the tone and the whole feeling of the scene and can also feel characters more 'alive'.

What for a Shit he talks

Nividia should buy TAFI/DAZ all the IP behind it and end this releasing their Super Human

But some of the IP behind Genesis Nvidia would never get the rights to buy because it is Top Secret and state protected and doesn't lies within TAFi/DAZ at all

All the Medical Sensitive Data parts but Nvidia doesn't need those realy

So Jensen please finish TAFI/DAZ

With Jensen V9

I agree with everything except the background/environments.. They contribute on the immersion feeling. Maybe not for you, but they are for a lot of other people including me. They also set the tone and the whole feeling of the scene and can also feel characters more 'alive'.
Yes the combination is important for a complete functioning model you need Human and the World around him else it is incomplete

Though the Compute Power is also much Higher

Last edited:
Hi all. I'm trying to put VAM or Daz3D characters with animation and soft physics/ body dynamics into a realistic scene in Unreal Engine. What would you suggest as a workflow?

Back
Top Bottom