• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

DAZ 3d and VAM

ingsoc84

Reactions
Patreon
ingsoc83
So Im very new to VAM..joined today... but new to DAZ 3d..maybe an already answered question, but can DAZ 3d characters be imported into VAM, or are they entirely exclusive of each other? I have seen some posts on VAM and noticed items plugins and morphs etc seem to follow daz in many ways..thanks

hello, im interested in this too, can we import DAZ3D characters maybe as .duf file into VAM? ty all for answer.

Long answer short: Yes it is possible to import DAZ characters, but...

This can't be done from within of VaM. You have to use (and learn) DAZ3D, because VaM uses DAZ Genesis 2 (!!!) figures.
DAZ3 Characters consists of (rawly) two things: The texture and the body morph(s) (shape).
You can use Genesis 2 skin textures (mind the different sub-characters, VaM can only handle a handfull of them) out of the box by copying them in the Custom/Atom/Person/Texture folder. There are some ways to convert older DAZ generations texture to Genesis 2 with DAZ3D, but converting Genesis 3&8 textures, is a pain in the ass.

You can use (most of) Genesis 2 morphs in VaM, too. Just move them to Custom/Atom/Person/Morphs/Female(Male). They have to be in the .DSF format and VaM will convert them automatically.

There are some ways to convert morphs to Genesis 2 in DAZ3D, but this is not an easy and reliable task and you will need 3d party tools (there are tutorials in the internet). Be warned that they will not look exactly like the originals.

If you have made a look in DAZ3D basing on Genesis 2, you can create a full body morph of this by export/import it as a 3D OBJ shape (there are tutorials...). If you have the full body morph, you can use it in VaM.

Be warned, that morphs from DAZ unfortunately do not look exactly the same in VaM for some reasons. Most of the time it is faster and more reliable to re-create the DAZ character in VaM.

Because I think I know where this interest is coming from: Be warned that those new DAZ Genesis 8 models looks indeed very good on pictures, but if you do all the hassle to convert them to Genesis 2 (from modern to old) and then to VaM, they will look not (very) different to those figures you already have. Exept of the texture of course, but even the texture is nothing special most of the time. Been there, done that.
Please also remember that DAZ3D is a rendering tool, and those high quality long-time render images with lots of high quality shaders and professional lighting are completely different to real-time game engine rendering.

The future new version 2.x of VaM will use Genesis 8 figures and some more advanced skin shaders. We will have a big boost in quality, but unfortunately don't expect it soon.

I hope this will help a bit.

ty ttoby now i understand and think its better create the character in vam :) i will test it^^

I think that creating characters in VAM is not a big deal and anyway it's nice to do. what about poses and animations can we import daz files?

I think that creating characters in VAM is not a big deal and anyway it's nice to do. what about poses and animations can we import daz files?

This can be done, all you need to do is export as BVH from daz and load the resulting BVH with one of the BVH plugins. I do find that its really not very accurate with many nodes not being in their expected positions.

If you want to try to import a character from Daz or just want to make the body look like one in Daz, here is a link to this website's (Virtamate) guide on how to do it.

As pointed out, even so, it won't be great BUT you CAN get body morphs that might be closer to what you'd prefer. Follow every single step and some of the pictures are shown before the instructions so don't panic if it doesn't work the first time, because it does indeed work. Good luck my son.

Back
Top Bottom