Eye Contact in Real Life...

virtamater

Reactions
This post is just about something Ive noticed I'm more comfortable with now after like 3 years in VR and 2 in VaM.

Odd interesting thing about me. I'm like 43 years old. I've always avoided eye contact in Real life. Ive been tested for autism cuz I do have tourrettes. Some days its pretty bad, Most days you'd never know. I'm just randomly spazzy on occasion. Ive been like this since I was 6 or 7.. no autism, just ADHD I'm a shy social missfit.

I think cuz of hangin out with all these hotties in FPP, (first person perspective). Something Ive noticed over the last few months at work in my real life is that
looking and talking to my co workers and maintaining eye contact don't wierd me out anymore. Is this something some of you have dealt with and notice?

Eye contact is such a huge deal in Relationships. Professional and Everyday stuff and Just social engagements & encounters.
What are your thoughts on this?

We already had a similar thread on this. My thoughts on this: if it helps you it cant be wrong. Simple as that. It doesnt harm you in anyway I think.

You are right on, VAM can help people (men and women) in many ways, socially, disabled, people that cannot get out much, perfectly adjusted, and on and on. I really believe the mind and body treat VAM experiences as real, and learning possible. I recommend trying SPQR's latest version of Alive plugin. He is pushing the VAM immersion level forward. That plugin, coupled with a few others like vammoan, gives an amazing experience. Someone should come out with self help scenes geared toward learning real life social queues, etc.

You are right on, VAM can help people (men and women) in many ways, socially, disabled, people that cannot get out much, perfectly adjusted, and on and on. I really believe the mind and body treat VAM experiences as real, and learning possible. I recommend trying SPQR's latest version of Alive plugin. He is pushing the VAM immersion level forward. That plugin, coupled with a few others like vammoan, gives an amazing experience. Someone should come out with self help scenes geared toward learning real life social queues, etc.

From my experience and research, yes, the brain treats these as very real experiences

Back
Top Bottom