Extremely low priority accessibility feedback

kemenate

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Twitter
kemenate_VAM
Patreon
kemenate
I just started VAM on a Tablet PC / Pen Display -> without mouse and keyboard. There are a couple of bugs, but nobody actually runs VAM on a Tablet and they might even be fixed in newer Unitiy version... I'll quickly write it down anyway, might be useful for 2.0:
  • Windows Ink will not register pen clicks as mouse clicks at all, Menu is only usable with touch. Touch works same as with no Windows Ink:
  • with windows ink disabled it's fairly usable. Menu works. I can grab and move the person around with pen & touch
  • navigation doesn't work at all. No touch gestures. In contrast: pinch and 2-finger scroll works on a trackpad (but also no view rotation).
  • The Rotation on the gizmo doesn't work with neither pen nor touch. The move arrows work just fine.
If there is a nice addon for Unity to support touch / windows ink it might be worth a look for VAM 2.0
Grabbing and multi touching the person is quite fun.
Maybe 3 optional navigation buttons to pan/zoom/dolly would be a cheap solution. I actually use them a lot in blender and DAZ.

I tested on a Wacom Cintiq Companion 2 tablet PC, standalone (with 10fps lol). And hooked to my desktop as a slave graphics pen display (similar to a pure cintiq).
There are a bunch of other laptops that come with pen support, but idk if any of them would be powerful enough to run VAM anyway. And they have a keyboard....

Back
Top Bottom