• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Plugins ExtraTriggers

S

SPQR

SPQR submitted a new resource:

ExtraTriggers - triggers based on atoms collision, the collision elements and the velocity of the impact

INSTRUCTIONS
- should work with any atom that has collision enabled
- when the preview goes green it means the Trigger gets called
- you can use the text fields to filter out collisions. Setting something on [This Atom > Element] will filter only the collisions on that part of the atom that has the plugin. for example if it's a Person atom, you can set it to rThumb3 to do the trigger only when the right hand thumb collides with something
- the same goes...

Read more about this resource...

Question to the senate and the people of Rome: I parented your (imo essential) plugin to a person (female) and tried several collisions with a sphere.
It seems that collisions with body parts like r Shin, rThigh and the back and side areas of the thighs: rTigh9, rThigh10,... can activate trigger reactions, as expected.
But if I filter certain areas by putting e.g. rThigh10 into the field "elements", the collisions with rThigh10 are registered in the log, but do not have trigger reactions. Bug?

Last edited:
Request: I would like the plugin to return the name of the object that received the collision not only to the log, but also to a variable(string) that can be accessed /processed by other plugins.

Last edited:
Question to the senate and the people of Rome: I parented your (imo essential) plugin to a person (female) and tried several collisions with a sphere. It seems that only collisions with main body parts like r Shin, rThigh evoke trigger reactions. Collisions with their dependencies, like rTigh9, rThigh10,... are registered in the log, but do not have trigger reactions. Bug?

Welcome and thank you for your support!

I don't think it's a bug, you probably didn't set it up correctly. It's a difficult UI to be fair, best i could do given the time.
You just have to type it in as you see it in the log if you want to narrow the trigger to happen only on that specific element collision:

You can do OR also with | on any of the fields. You can also setup multiple instances to create more rules. If you leave all fields empty, the trigger happens on any collision. Also check the cooldown slider, it will add pauses between triggers. By default it's set to 1s. So a trigger won't happen more often than once per second when set like that.

But if you can post a screenshot of how you set it up I can let you know if it's ok or if you should change something

Request: When used on a person, I would like the plugin to return the name of the body part that has the collision to a variable(string) that can be accessed by other plugins.
Stuff like that is possible already even with v1 🥳 ! You can set multiple instances of the plugin for multiple rules. And each rule has OR operator. So you can set however many rules you want for however specific bodyparts groups and when they collide to trigger any other plugin event.

About variables, they're not really a thing with vam plugins to my knowledge, I haven't seen plugins accessing variables from other plugins except for my own experiments. If you could let me know what plugins you have in mind I can check what's up. But whatever you have in mind, i'm 99% sure you can get it done already with my DynamicTrigger plugin from AeternumTools, it sort of emulates variables and can act as a bridge to other plugins. You can with this plugin here set a text atom's value to your desired body-part, and then on that text atom you add a dynamictrigger that does something like " play > sound_{bodypart}.mp3" or whatever machinations you're up to and have {bodypart} as the variable. When you'll trigger the dynamictrigger it will replace {bodypart} with whatever is in the text atom at that time. It's the only global variables system i know of

added this demo scene ^ also in case it helps as an example

Thank you for responding so quickly and thoroughly. As it turns out, I did not fill in the full name. (rThigh10 only, instead of Autocollider.....rThigh10).
As for String operations, forget about them. Jay Jay Wons´ VUML plugin has some, but it lacks the function to cut off specific parts of a string.

Maybe I overlooked a vam-function long existing, but until now I have not been able to find a way to get feedback related to which specific body part (or limb) of a person had a collision other than parenting a trigger to it. (Feel free to point me to a better / leaner solution.)

This is possible with your plugin parented to a person atom, but in order to make sure to register contact with a specific bodypart, e.g. "thigh" i would have to define "thigh" and all thigh areas "thigh1-thighXX" in the "Element" field. To define different sets of actions following a collision with other body parts would require to repeat loading instances of your plugin to the person atom and then repeating the process of specifying the body part and the related areas in "Elements" again, correct?

I was thinking of the following scenario:
Your plugin is loaded onto the sphere. Sphere touches any body area. Your plugin returns a specific number related to the body part the sphere collided with. depending on the number, different conditional actions (e.g. with JayJays VUML / Action grouper) can be triggered.

Oh I see
This is possible with your plugin parented to a person atom, but in order to make sure to register contact with a specific bodypart, e.g. "thigh" i would have to define "thigh" and all thigh areas "thigh1-thighXX" in the "Element" field. To define different sets of actions following a collision with other body parts would require to repeat loading instances of your plugin to the person atom and then repeating the process of specifying the body part and the related areas in "Elements" again, correct?

No, so you can use | as on OR operator. Like rThumb|rIndex|rMid|rRing|rPinky and do one rule for all 5 fingers (the actual names are different for the colliders, just an example). But I see what you mean and it was brought up before. I'll try to add something to help a bit in the next big update to it. Something like {rightFingers} = rThumb|rIndex|rMid|rRing|rPinky. But i'll probably change the UI a bit, typing collider names ain't it :)

I was thinking of the following scenario:
Your plugin is loaded onto the sphere. Sphere touches any body area. Your plugin returns a specific number related to the body part the sphere collided with. depending on the number, different conditional actions (e.g. with JayJays VUML / Action grouper) can be triggered.

So all you have to do for that is:
- set Collider Group: Person (or collider Atom <Person Name> if you want it to trigger only for a specific person)
- set Collider Element: Element1|Element2|Element3|Element4 (to trigger whenever any of the elements get collision)
- set On Trigger >VUML > set something > group1 ( the actions you want to happen when that group triggers)

But i know it's not very pretty and you end up with a long string in there that's hard to edit. I'll see what I can do with the next big update to this to help with that

You just gave me an idea to add a wildcard operator to keep things faster. but it's still probably not what you asked, I think i understand now and misunderstood you before.
I think you want an extended list of Person-specific-triggers. Like how you have now in vanilla mouth, breasts, etc, to also have leftFeet, rightfeet, thighs, etc. and you can set triggers for each. I think that's the way to go for something like that rather than trying to connect other plugins

Somebody else requested something similar, i'll add it to the list for next next week's updates then. Make sure to vote for it!

Thank you very much, that´s what I was thinking of! Heading to your patreon to vote...

nooo. next poll! sorry, can't edit this poll now, it ends tomorrow

Thank you very much, that´s what I was thinking of! Heading to your patreon to vote...
So it looks like Ticklish is winning for the next update. I thought about it and I think it makes sense to try to include something like you brought up in that plugin instead of making another one or complicating extratriggers.
What I was going to do there was to add triggers for ticklish areas. What i'm gonna do is also add a on/off for the tickling jolts. So you'll be able to add triggers to specific body parts and use only that functionality if you want to. Like a simpler version of extratriggers and more streamlined towards the Person atom. I think that will be the quickest way to get it done. so vote for Ticklish in the current poll!

You are a God among men. You solved so many problems for me. I don't even know where to begin. The cooldown on triggers is what I have been waiting. Also I was able to set up my old heels sound rig in two minutes. And that using randomized heel sounds. Great work dude.

Any way to make a trigger for "End Collision" , some triggers I want to stop when the touch stops as well, even if you can't do it though this is an incredible plugin I just have to say, amazing work.

Any way to make a trigger for "End Collision" , some triggers I want to stop when the touch stops as well, even if you can't do it though this is an incredible plugin I just have to say, amazing work.
thank you! yes, actually someone just requested something like that on patreon and i'll look into it

Oh awesome! Yeah this is what I've been looking for! I think I can finally finish the first scene I made and release it. I'll have to use this plugin to be able to do it easily without hundreds of collision triggers. Even then they wouldn't work because they always end up causing problems.

Thanks!

Oh awesome! Yeah this is what I've been looking for! I think I can finally finish the first scene I made and release it. I'll have to use this plugin to be able to do it easily without hundreds of collision triggers. Even then they wouldn't work because they always end up causing problems.

Thanks!

I hope it helps! looking forward to try your scene!

I still haven't released it yet, but soon hopefully.
I hope it helps! looking forward to try your scene!

On a side note, I was wondering if at some point this plugin ever gets any updates, if you would add collision speed variable triggering. E.g. the threshold variable that you set in the plugin which filters when to trigger. I think it would be nice to pass that variable along into other trigger events as a value trigger. For example one could send it into a value relay and that could do different things.

Anyway, I've updated my scene with this plugin, and so far works really well 🪶🪶🪶 I used Genshin Eula as the tickle victim. I'll need to polish it up and remove any broken dependencies or weird artifacts before uploading.

if at some point this plugin ever gets any updates
likely no updates anytime soon, sorry. i have lots of stuff i want to do and don't have time to do anything close to all of that. these small plugins are a side note and I got & get nothing out of making them really except for a couple emojis and more bugs, complaints & requests.

if you would add collision speed variable triggering. E.g. the threshold variable that you set in the plugin which filters when to trigger.
i'm not sure I understand. you mean something like a % chance of the trigger happening? If so, then you can use my AETools plugins. you'd need a text atom hidden somewhere, with dynamicnumbers you'd do a 0-100 random number on it and with dynamicconditions you'd set a rule to do a trigger if the value is < than the value set in that plugin (the treshold)

I think it would be nice to pass that variable along into other trigger events as a value trigger. For example one could send it into a value relay and that could do different things.
That ain't really the vam way of doing things but i have a plugin for that in AETools DynamicTriggers. The idea is that you add it to a text atom, you create a trigger in the plugin with a placeholder value (0.69), in the plugin you type the part that's gonna get replaced "69". Then whenever you trigger textatom>dynamictrigger>trigger it will do that trigger but will replace "69" with whatever is in the text atom. You can use DynamicNumbers to randomize the value (it only works with integers) or do math operations on it. You can use DynamicText to pass values around if you want to do multiple things with them. The idea is that textatoms serve as value holders and dynamictriggers allows you to inject the values into normal vam triggers

Anyway, I've updated my scene with this plugin, and so far works really well 🪶🪶🪶 I used Genshin Eula as the tickle victim. I'll need to polish it up and remove any broken dependencies or weird artifacts before uploading.
hell yea, she looks like she needs a good tickling! Regarding the scene, i recommend keeping the dependencies as low as possible. Stuff like assets & scripts you can bundle directly in your var (unless they're licensed as ND)

likely no updates anytime soon, sorry. i have lots of stuff i want to do and don't have time to do anything close to all of that. these small plugins are a side note and I got & get nothing out of making them really except for a couple emojis and more bugs, complaints & requests.
I get that. Don't worry.

i'm not sure I understand. you mean something like a % chance of the trigger happening?
Not what I meant, but it doesn't matter, so don't worry about it. There's a way to figure out how hard the collision happened. Like hitting versus lightly touching. There's a float value that determines how hard the collision was. 0.0 to 1.0. I just was asking if you were able to add a value trigger for that particular value.

Stuff like assets & scripts you can bundle directly in your var (unless they're licensed as ND)
I'll keep that in mind. I use AcidBubbles timeline, and some other plugins and stuff as well.

This is so helpful, thx again.
Stupid question tho: if I want to add this to a couple of colliders which should trigger different things: I have to add the plugin multiple times, yes?(i.e. Nipple touch has an "oh" sound, Toe touch lets her giggle etc)

Back
Top Bottom