Exporting textures and possibly morphs of Genesis 2 character from DAZ

bigcat

Reactions
I'm confused. I can face generate in DAZ to Gen 8 and then used a plugin to create a Gen 2 character but it just seems to 'fit' the Gen 3/8 skin to the model. The Gen 2 skin texture doesn't seem to be anywhere. How can I export a Gen 2 character to import into VAM? I can use Blender, if I learn it, if it is multi-step.
Thanks for any help.

Unfortunately, most of the different DAZ Genesis generations have different skin texture layouts (uv).
Whereas it was relatively simple to convert a Victoria4 or Genesis 1 skin into Genesis 2, there was a deep cut between those and Genesis3/8. It is relatively complicated to convert them, please take a look at the tutorials around.

You have to differentiate between converting one texture to a completely different layout, or to use an old skinset on a new generation figure in DAZ. The latter is possible with some plugins, but AFAIK those don't change the texture itself, but "only" the UV-layout, meaning the information how a flat texture is wrapped around a 3d model. For VaM you will need the texture to have exactly the same shape as the other Genesis 2 textures. You can easiely see the differences. For instance: The G2 limbs textures have both arms and legs in one texture, G3/8 has them devided to two separate textures.

Back
Top Bottom