Question Export Render - Transparent Background (Alpha)

DanVR

Reactions
Hi All,
Is there a built-in way or plugin I can use to Render my scene as .MOV or PNG Sequence with Transparent?

I would like to render ONLY the characters without manually do a fake greenscreen (background scene) chromakey so it will be much easier and better quality to import to other edit and composite software.

In other software usually export transparency is built-in feature (Daz3D, Blender, etc..) but I'm still a noob when it comes to VAM and I don't know how to do such thing as it's either hidden or I need some plugin, I have no clue that's why I made this post.

Thanks ahead for any solutions, Step-by-step tutorials will be very helpful!

I second this, I'd really like to use such a feature, since I like compositing screenshots with different software like Blender, which offer more options for post-processing, and exporting models from VaM isn't really an option, as far as I know.

Upvote 0
I second this, I'd really like to use such a feature, since I like compositing screenshots with different software like Blender, which offer more options for post-processing, and exporting models from VaM isn't really an option, as far as I know.

Yup, I do a lot of video composite and ALPHA is very important to me.
I hope we'll be able to export Alpha with PNG Sequence but NOT only on Realtime, but as a bake process so we won't lose FPS by glitches, hiccups of slower machines. even with high-specs machines hiccups happens on Realtime, so I rather let it bake in the background like most simulated 3D softwares and only than export or even preview play for testing.

But.. probably it's not going to happen any time soon, at least not before version 2... which I have no clue if it will even release any time soon.

Maybe somebody will surprise us with an amazing plugin for such thing for the current version 🙏

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom