• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

error in mate

Stephan

Reactions
Does anyone know how to fix the errors in Vam? All you have to do is download Mate from scratch and there are still errors, such as missing morphs or clothes, etc. It says Not on Hub, but you can't click on it to download it. Is there a tutorial on how to fix this or do you have to search the creators for each one yourself? I have so many things that are all showing in red but I don't know how to fix this to have a clean mate

A clean VaM download will not give you errors, especially "not on hub" dependency errors.
When you start adding content that's when all goes bananas. The reasons are many, from bad packaging to things changing, you name it. There are some external tools around that can possibly help you, but there is always all kinds of catches to consider.
If you don't know yet, you can have more than 1 copy of VaM in your system, so if you're trying to start fresh or have a cleaner VaM for only some things, all you need is to run vam_updater.exe on a new folder and download another copy. Use the same key from your current VaM.

A clean VaM download will not give you errors, especially "not on hub" dependency errors.
When you start adding content that's when all goes bananas. The reasons are many, from bad packaging to things changing, you name it. There are some external tools around that can possibly help you, but there is always all kinds of catches to consider.
If you don't know yet, you can have more than 1 copy of VaM in your system, so if you're trying to start fresh or have a cleaner VaM for only some things, all you need is to run vam_updater.exe on a new folder and download another copy. Use the same key from your current VaM.

I've done all of this a long time ago. Download a new vam for fun and after it's done the main character full of bugs already has morphs that are missing etc. it's frustrating when so many bugs come up

I have a clean VaM around, nothing extra added/downloaded to it. I just ran it now to confirm what I said and the error log is empty.
I don't know why a clean VaM would show you errors, but that's not normal and you should investigate that.

I have a clean VaM around, nothing extra added/downloaded to it. I just ran it now to confirm what I said and the error log is empty.
I don't know why a clean VaM would show you errors, but that's not normal and you should investigate that.

It also doesn't show me errors if I load the person from Mate only then

Back
Top Bottom