Tips on exporting Virt A Mate looks to VRChat

monzill82

Reactions
So I am building a project in VRChat, but many of the avatars you can find there are of anime influence which doesn't fit with the more realistic style I require.

I have attempted to hire artists within the VRChat community, but they are either far outside my budget, or are of a quality that is hardly acceptable.

The look creator within VAM is quite robust, and the style would totally work if I knew of a way to export looks into VRChat (ideally with the adult bits Barbie'd out, but there's probably a morph for that).

If anyone has any recommendations on where to go for information regarding this process, I would be appreciative.
Alternatively, if anyone sees an opportunity to capitalize on this (I work 70+ hrs/wk and don't have the energy to learn unity), I am also willing to entertain offers for commissions.

You might be better off cutting VaM out. A lot of the models here come from other sources and are imported in, you would be better getting them from the source.
There are MANY human and humanoid avatars available as blender rigged models and they can be converted and imported into VRChat without too much issue, I have done so on some models ripped from games myself with limited success.
Check out stuff like renderhub and cgtrader etc for models and directly importing into VRChat.

Also, No clue what you are doing in VRChat but consider NEOS too, it is much easier to build stuff in/with and has a lot less kids (but a lot more furries, sorry).

The figures VaM is utilizing are Genesis 2 from DAZ3d. DAZ is very strict regarding things like licensing and copyrights. At least you may have to ask them, at worst you have to pay licensing fees. It is a bit like using figures from games or original anime characters... Maybe nobody might care, until your project will grow bigger, but you might take this into account.

Back
Top Bottom