epiTemplate

Scenes epiTemplate

epi.noah

Featured Contributor
Reactions
epi.noah submitted a new resource:

Gloria Home - She's always there for you

View attachment 193367
Walk around Gloria in VR and just admire the view.
  • This scene showcases Gloria and my ideal interface for VR and desktop, fit for any scene.
  • It offers the best combination of quality and performance I'm able to achieve with VaM.
  • It allows you to apply my other skins and different hair presets to her and tweak her body type as you wish.
  • The lighting is designed to light the subject model in 360 degrees so that you can walk around in room...

Read more about this resource...

Cool but did it have to be at a murder basement? It's like a nightmare when you look around the room. I'm just waiting for the moment when I turn to look at Gloria as she turns into a ghoul old lady

Cool but did it have to be at a murder basement? It's like a nightmare when you look around the room. I'm just waiting for the moment when I turn to look at Gloria as she turns into a ghoul old lady

I have tried almost every room asset on the hub. Without a room, you don't feel grounded in VR with a good depth perception, thus immersion suffers. With the other rooms like the one in the screenshot below, performance usually suffers. This cell gave me the best quality/performance. It's also the right size for any room scale VR experience, so I stick with it.

But you can replace the room (epiRoom subscene atom in the scene) with any room from epiRoom.

GloriaRich.jpg

Or you can click "L" on the tablet and it will turn off the room, switch to lights that follow her (hence "L" for lights)

Click on the "F" to switch off the fogs which can also change the atmosphere.

Alternatively, you can load the Gloria look to epiCreator. Clicking on the "room" button on the tablet in that scene will let you cycle through the rooms in epiRoom. I would have done the same with this scene but people complain about the number of dependencies.

epi.noah updated Gloria Home epiTemplate with a new update entry:

New room, rotating floating menu, cam button

Updates:
  • Optional second room that you can switch to with a single click.
  • Cam button added to the tablet.
  • The floating menu rotates to face you.
  • The floating menu is a SubScene now as a quality of life improvement for creators.

The second room added is "Purple Studio". It's a combination of the neutral room and the photo studio. You can easily change the color of the room yourself, it is set by the ColorScale plugin by Blazedust.

[ATTACH...

Read the rest of this update entry...

what hair did you use for the ponytail and bang ?

1. To quickly apply that hair in this scene, click the toggle button on the tablet, click Hair3 or Hair 4 on the floating menu that appears. In the hair settings, under physics, you can enable sim to perfectly match the screenshot.

2. Alternatively, you can download epiHair and it will allow you cycle between different hair presets with a single click in scene. It has that hair combination with different color options. If you're looking for a single bun alternative, it also has that with different color options.

3. If you wanna just download the hairs and configure them yourself, they are a combination of:
  • 2Bun Head by Lasseur
  • 2BUN by Lasseur
  • 2BUN Corona by Lasseur
  • ddaamm bun front by ddaamm
  • Bangs 4 by NoStage
  • Lashes lid_d by VL_13
  • Lashes lid_upp by VL_13

This combination:
1. Looks great
2. Performs better than most long hair. Especially if you switch the sim off as in this scene (and it still looks right).
3. Looks right even when the advanced colliders are off for even better performance in VR (most long hair just go into the body).

Most hair presets in epiHair are combinations that aim for these goals.
(I love VR)

Very well done, thank you. I'll also will change the default room, my girls are too cute for this ;)

Anyway, have you tried to reduce keyframes of the animation within Timeline ("More" -> "Reduce Keyframes)?
After I did this (to 6 frames/sec) and saved the scene, it was significant smaller. I do this often with MoCap animations, reducing scenes from like 100MB to max. 10MB. And I couldnt see a difference in the animation quality.
Just a hint, and thx for all your work ;)

epi.jpg

Very well done, thank you. I'll also will change the default room, my girls are too cute for this ;)

Anyway, have you tried to reduce keyframes of the animation within Timeline ("More" -> "Reduce Keyframes)?
After I did this (to 6 frames/sec) and saved the scene, it was significant smaller. I do this often with MoCap animations, reducing scenes from like 100MB to max. 10MB. And I couldnt see a difference in the animation quality.
Just a hint, and thx for all your work ;)

View attachment 194944

I might actually use that if I ever get to make a dancing scene template. That's something I'm working on but first I wanna figure out how to audio sync the animation to the music that streams on the TV, in order to get scenes rid of copyright issues.

Also, I did add a second room that you can switch to with a single click ;)

PurpleStudio.jpg

epi.noah updated epiTemplate with a new update entry:

json file reduced, body sliders updated, lighting rig further optimized

• Animation size and json file size reduced (thanks Saint66 for the tip)
  • Body sliders should work now (thanks CheersMate for the report)
  • Default 3-spot wide lighting rig further optimized.
I'm working on a template for dance scenes. If anybody has any idea about syncing Timeline to music streamed from YouTube, please reach out to me:

Can you sync Timeline to YouTube streamed...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Back
Top Bottom