• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!
Epi.RenVR_RMX_Skins_and_Textures

Textures Epi.RenVR_RMX_Skins_and_Textures

epi.noah

Featured Contributor
Reactions
epi.noah submitted a new resource:

Epi.RenVR_RMX_Skins_and_Textures - Textures and skin presets. A custom remix of REN's skins.

Textures and skin presets.

View attachment 38147

View attachment 38149

View attachment 38150

View attachment 38152

View attachment 38153

View attachment 38154

View attachment 38155

View attachment 38156

View attachment 38157

What it is
My custom remix of REN's skins. The modified textures are included in the package. There are 5 skin presets included: Kelly...

Read more about this resource...

steps1-2-3.jpg

Step1: Person,
Step2: Skin presets,
Step2: Select existing.

step4.jpg

Step4: On the far left, pick Epi.RenVR_RMX_Skins_and_Textures_1.

step5.jpg

Step5: On the right, it will display a selection of skins that are in that package. Pick one.

Epi.noah, thanks for all these resources. I appreciate your dedication to high quality with good performance. Cheers, mate.

The makeup is not part of the be texture. It's a decal, it can be turned off. Or you can switch them around.

It's different than the base RenVR textures. Especially the normal maps have more detail and a higher resolution. It makes all the difference in VR (better than increasing the diffuse texture resolution imo). And of course the specular maps needed to match all changes with consistency.

Last edited:
epi.noah updated Epi.RenVR_RMX_Skins_and_Textures with a new update entry:

More details up close

More details up close
We're using 8K normal maps. That let's you have more details up close, they look great under good quality lights, and it doesn't look drawn in. Much more realistic than painted on diffuse maps. If I only have the performance budget for a single 8K texture, I'd rather it was a normal map than a diffuse map.

The changes are not "in your face" so not everybody will realize it's there, especially not at a distance on a desktop monitor.

The nice part is:
1. No real...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi EPI! I want to give a tip to others having 16GB of RAM like me.

When using those MARVELOUS SKINS, follow those steps if you want to switch Skin Preset:

1) In the Person Atom's "Skin Select" tab, flag the checkbox "Unload When Switching".
2) Select "Female Dummy" skin.
3) You can now load another MAREVOLUS skin preset.

This seems to free the RAM used to store the skin textures. I've not tested this very intensely (just a couple of times, by now) but, before doing this, my VaM session crashed everytime when switching presets.

@EPI if this work like it seems to work, you may think of adding this tip on the release pages of your content that use those MARVELOUS skins... ;)

Hi EPI! I want to give a tip to others having 16GB of RAM like me.

When using those MARVELOUS SKINS, follow those steps if you want to switch Skin Preset:

1) In the Person Atom's "Skin Select" tab, flag the checkbox "Unload When Switching".
2) Select "Female Dummy" skin.
3) You can now load another MAREVOLUS skin preset.

This seems to free the RAM used to store the skin textures. I've not tested this very intensely (just a couple of times, by now) but, before doing this, my VaM session crashed everytime when switching presets.

@EPI if this work like it seems to work, you may think of adding this tip on the release pages of your content that use those MARVELOUS skins... ;)

Thanks a lot for the kind words man. So it should go before step 1 here?

View attachment 38230
Step2: Select existing.

View attachment 38231
Step4: On the far left, pick Epi.RenVR_RMX_Skins_and_Textures_1.

View attachment 38232
Step5: On the right, it will display a selection of skins that are in that package. Pick one.

Thanks a lot for the kind words man. So it should go before step 1 here?

Yes... and, no. If you load VaM and start a new scene, the steps that you wrote are enough. My tip is useful (before step 3) only if you want to load a different MARVELOUS skin preset on a person atom to which you have already loaded another of your MARVELOUS skin presets.

VaM eats RAM as a black hole. Essentially it doesn't UNLOAD anything. It just keep things in RAM until it crashes. With 32 GB of RAM or more, you may not notice this but it's a well know VaM problem.

I’ve designed it such that the minimum amount of textures change between different presets.

From Suki to Destiny, I think that only the makeup decal changes. The rest is in the parameters.

For Kelly, the rest of the facial textures also change. But she still uses the same body textures.

500MB is the max file size for the hub. I used it all to fit as much detail as I could. And I shared what could be shared between different presets. So this variety and detail level is the most I can get out of this format and a hub hosted dependency. To my understanding, what you wrote will not make a difference when you switch between these presets because most textures are shared…

BUT

If I understand correctly, it would make a difference if you import Anne by ddaamm and want to apply Kelly skin to her (same facial features, more detailed, better body textures for my taste).

So, what I wrote is cool if you make a new scene, but if you’re editing a look in an existing scene, adding what you wrote helps by freeing memory that was used by the previous textures. Correct?

Does this little guide look good?
Yes... and, no. If you load VaM and start a new scene, the steps that you wrote are enough. My tip is useful (before step 3) only if you want to load a different MARVELOUS skin preset on a person atom to which you have already loaded another of your MARVELOUS skin presets.

VaM eats RAM as a black hole. Essentially it doesn't UNLOAD anything. It just keep things in RAM until it crashes. With 32 GB of RAM or more, you may not notice this but it's a well know VaM problem.

Guide to remix a look for your own personal use

Download Epi.RenVR_RMX_Skins_and_Textures and Ms. Dummy .
Download any look that you like. We picked Anne as an example because ddaamm is the creator for some of the highest trending looks, so this gives us a good baseline.

A. First, save the original look
Load the scene containing that look.
Save it in Person / Appearance Presets.

Load scene.jpg

save preset.jpg

B. Second, open the scene named Ms. Dummy.
This scene offers color neutral lights and zero post-effects. That is similar to using flat listening monitors in a record studio. You can tweak details like the final skin color tone better here.

Load that newly saved Appearance Presets.

before dummy.jpg

C. Free up some memory
Before this step, you might want to take a note of any decal textures used for make up or tattoos that you may want to keep. Those can be applied again after the next step. (Person / Skin Textures)

Step 1: In the Person Atom's "Skin Select" tab, flag the checkbox "Unload When Switching".
Step 2: Select "Female Dummy" skin.
This unloads that looks original textures.

after dummy.jpg

D. Apply a new skin set
Step3: Select existing.
Step4: On the far left, pick Epi.RenVR_RMX_Skins_and_Textures

This will load the textures and apply a skin preset to that look. Now her body geometry comes from the look that you liked and it's paired with whichever skin that you prefer.

apply skin.jpg

Now you can apply different make-ups or tan lines by changing the decal texture under Person / Skin Textures. If the original looks decals gave it a distinct look, you might want to keep that. For this example, the original looks make-up decal texture that we took a note of in the the beginning if Step C was conserved for the remix:
"kemenate.Decals.latest:/Custom/Atom/Person/Textures/kemenate/Decals Female/Face/d_makeup_05.png"

E. Tweak the body type (Optional)
Use the sliders (height, weight, daint) to easily tweak her geometry.

F. Tweak the breast and glute physics (Optional)
If you don't like how the booty looks when you use the "Shake" button included with the scene, if it shakes too much like jelly, you can further tweak the "F glute physics" or load a preset and see how that works. Epi.Kelly includes a breast physics preset and a glute physics preset that you can easily import.

Save the new Appearance Preset once you are satisfied with your changes.

G. Change the hair (Optional)
Just like the skin presets, hair presets can be changed. Epi.Kelly includes multiple presets.
You can also copy the style of one type of hair and apply it to another by using the Hair Color Changer plugin.

H. Now you can use that Appearance Preset with any scene by loading it to the person atom.
You can also use JayJayWon's UIAssist (Free) to change the look in a scene to this newly saved look AND also keep the original scene clothing on her. Things that the scene animation/action/logic might trigger like fluids or undressing would still work this way.

You might want to use the AutomaticBodySmoother plugin at least for screenshots

Anne.jpg

Original

Anne_RMX.jpg

Remixed

Anne_RMX_noSweat.jpg

Remixed (no sweat)

For a final touch, you can further customize the look by loading clothing presets such as the ones in epiClothing.
clothing presets.jpg

But before you do, check what the look already has. Things like "eye clothing" can be a part of the original look that you may want to keep. In that case, "merge load" presets on top of it and remove any duplicates.

clothing eye.jpg

Finally
Anne_RMX_WithClothing.jpg

Last edited:
I’ve designed it such that the minimum amount of textures change between different presets.

From Suki to Destiny, I think that only the makeup decal changes. The rest is in the parameters.

You are my new hero.

I haven't noticed that since I was sharmed by one of my model with your MARVELOUS Mona skin preset and, i still have to try the other.

And yes, I can confirm that the crashes i had may, very likely, been caused by loading yours MARVELOUS presets on an apparence preset that already had hires texutres (yes... indeed, it may be it was exactly Anne 🤣)

P.s. Your little guide is PERFECT.
P.p.s. Did i say MARVELOUS?

Hi Epi! Just a note about the skin textures unloading: After a few more sessions, I'm not sure that it really works. You may write a "Note: Not properly tested." in your look remix guide.

:)👋

Hi Epi! Just a note about the skin textures unloading: After a few more sessions, I'm not sure that it really works. You may write a "Note: Not properly tested." in your look remix guide.

:)👋
I'll add a note (y)

I'll add a note (y)

Ok ok... I promise I'll stop talking about this 🤣 but, for the sake of completeness, I have to report that I tested this by monitoring actual RAM usage and... it really WORKS! I have seen the RAM usage lowers when i applied the dummy skin. You may want to remove the note since... now... it's tested.

And... btw... there is another thing that can be done to free up some memory: Remove all the clothes and click "Unload Inactive Objects" in the Person Atom's "Control & Physics 1" tab (this is also tested).

epi.noah updated Epi.RenVR_RMX_Skins_and_Textures with a new update entry:

Showcase scene and Amber skin added (Amber look preset included)

Import any look you want. Click the skin buttons to load these skins to that look. Save the resulting appearance preset to use with any scene.

Added modified textures are included in the showcase package. Skin presets included in the remix are Kelly, Suki, Mona, Lisa, Sofia, and Destiny. Corresponding looks are on the hub. The skin preset included in the showcase package is Amber. Her appearance preset is also included with the showcase scene.

If you're not new to this remix, you don't...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Back
Top Bottom