Enabling settings in Meta Quest 2 home for 120Hz because I didn't know the desktop PCVR settings for it weren't enough..Casual 110 FPS increase..

Reactions
I guess i look silly in a couple ways because not only i didn't notice the refresh rate was the same, before enabling a second setting for 120hz (found in the meta 2 settings before connecting to PCVR rather than the normal settings you would change on the desktop for resolution and refresh rate), but i also didnt know that setting for it even existed.

So in case anyone is in the same situation as me and didnt know that option existed and/or hasnt tried 120hz refresh rate, it might be worth trying. It not only adds refresh rate but for me it literally added 110 FPS...

I say this from the average scenes I use on max settings absolutely everything but my Meta 2 headset resolution at the standard 1.0x, with everything but an environment added, from hair and tons of plugins and custom atom person and sound/reactionary scripts (VAMMoan etc.), which i used to get a steady 90 FPS for from a hands distance away from the models face, these are all now giving me 200 FPS steady....... the look on my face when i saw that 200...

Hopefully this can help someone as it has me, very exciting to spend all this time since the release of VaM trying to maxamize FPS by even 1 or 2 frames, and everything from CPU performance upgrades of multiple varieties over the years to the new windows update that was supposed to boost performance, unfortunately did not for me probably as ChatGPT pointed out because my hardware is pretty good and it was already handling what it could regardless of the small things i was changing. However something as simple as literally doubling my refresh rate which i thought would ruin my FPS actually more than doubled it..

Back
Top Bottom