Question Efficiently creating personalities

GordonShock

Reactions
Hello,

I really love @CheesyFX Body Language, and especially the capacity for triggers baked in.

Now, there's a lot of cool expression morphs available, as well as randomizers, that can create lively characters, but I'd like to attempt to push it further.

Setting triggers within BL is fine, but it restricts it to the plugin, and the randomizers make expressions, well, too random.

I'd love to create something that's more akin to personalities, and I'm not sure how to go about this in the most efficient way possible.

So far, the best method I can think of is to drop empty atoms, load up Float Param Randomizer, input the expression I want include, and configure a trigger in BL to enable that plugin once a stimulation level has been reached.

Am I on to something here, or is there a better way I should be aware of?

You know that BL has expression built in, do you? But they are not as they're supposed to be if stimulation is above 0 as I just recognized.

But before you go in deep with empty atoms, float randomizers and triggers you could join my discord and read this post from almost a year ago:

Upvote 0
Hello,

I really love @CheesyFX Body Language, and especially the capacity for triggers baked in.

Now, there's a lot of cool expression morphs available, as well as randomizers, that can create lively characters, but I'd like to attempt to push it further.

Setting triggers within BL is fine, but it restricts it to the plugin, and the randomizers make expressions, well, too random.

I'd love to create something that's more akin to personalities, and I'm not sure how to go about this in the most efficient way possible.

So far, the best method I can think of is to drop empty atoms, load up Float Param Randomizer, input the expression I want include, and configure a trigger in BL to enable that plugin once a stimulation level has been reached.

Am I on to something here, or is there a better way I should be aware of?
In my opinion these expression randomization plugins never work, it always looks strange/weird.
But on the other hand its so very easy to record your own expressions using Timeline, exactly the way you want it.
And you only have to so it once, you can export your Timeline animations to reuse it in other scenes.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom