Question Easier way to add plugins

capta134

Reactions
I want to know if there is a more streamlined way of adding a plugin to a scene Atom.

For example, a UI button that automatically adds Embody to a Person.

I want to know if there is a more streamlined way of adding a plugin to a scene Atom.

For example, a UI button that automatically adds Embody to a Person.
Try UI Assist, I could not live without it. Adding everything Vam has to offer (and more) just with a single click.
It's a little bit initial work, and my preset is growing with new needs, but I didn't found anything better.

For instance, I have one button which loads the most common plugins like Gaze, Glance, Breathing, Expressions etc just with one click, Person comes immediately to life.
Or fire up a saved animation right aways. Endless possibilities.

There is also a paid version with some more features.

Upvote 0
Try UI Assist, I could not live without it. Adding everything Vam has to offer (and more) just with a single click.
It's a little bit initial work, and my preset is growing with new needs, but I didn't found anything better.

For instance, I have one button which loads the most common plugins like Gaze, Glance, Breathing, Expressions etc just with one click, Person comes immediately to life.
Or fire up a saved animation right aways. Endless possibilities.

There is also a paid version with some more features.
Thanks. I will give it a try.

Upvote 0
I tried it and must say it is very promising.

Can this plugin also set another plugin data load?

For example, add Embody to a person and then Activate/Deactivate it.(activate is a checkbox inside the Embody UI)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not on my PC yet (so everything out of my old memory), but yes, it could load plugins with different settings/presets.
For Embody, I would suggest to save it as a plugin preset with hotkey enabled for activate/deactivate (i.e. SPACE on keyboard), and then just make an UIAssist button for loading it at the person.
You can then toggle it via SPACE.
Or make 2 plugin presets, one with Embody activated and one with deactivated and apply two UIAssist operations.

You'll get a hang of it, and with some work it saves you plenty of time. I think @JayJayWon made a real good documentation of everything, care to read it!

Upvote 0
Not on my PC yet (so everything out of my old memory), but yes, it could load plugins with different settings/presets.
For Embody, I would suggest to save it as a plugin preset with hotkey enabled for activate/deactivate (i.e. SPACE on keyboard), and then just make an UIAssist button for loading it at the person.
You can then toggle it via SPACE.
Or make 2 plugin presets, one with Embody activated and one with deactivated and apply two UIAssist operations.

You'll get a hang of it, and with some work it saves you plenty of time. I think @JayJayWon made a real good documentation of everything, care to read it!
Good ideas. however, I cannot find a manual/document on UIAssist

Upvote 0
?
Link is in main description on the Hub, where you downloaded it. Read…
Yes found it, thanks. However, I wonder how some scenes that have an embodied Button operate.

Click on the button activate and then deactivate Embody.

Upvote 0
Yes found it, thanks. However, I wonder how some scenes that have an embodied Button operate.

Click on the button activate and then deactivate Embody.
In this case, the plugin is already loaded into the scen and they just trigger its functions.
IIrc (not on PC now), UI Assist also can add toggles.
So you save a plugin preset with Embody active, and another one with Embody in deactivated state.

On the UI Assist toggle, you apply them to the on/off states of that toggle.
I can check later if UI Assist has a direct trigger function, but that's not really the usecase it is made for.

I have an UI Assist button for calling the plugin into person plugins, the rest I do manually (I always set the space bar for toggle active/deactivated, the setting is saved in the plugin preset.

Edit: ok, I fired up my PC.

1. You add a button to UI Assist
2. Operation: Plugin Settings, Plugin Action Toggle
3. Plugin Control: Embody, ToggleActive for both Button ON and Button OFF, Settings for ON=active, Settings for OFF= active false.

Given you have applied Embody to the Person, this will toggle on/off.
So basically you have one button to load the plugin, and another one to toggle it

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It works so great! I will get the Patreon version. I think this plugin really worth spending some time to learn its capabilities better.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It works so great! I will get the Patreon version. I think this plugin really worth spending some time to learn its capabilities better.
Yeah, I was somehow overwhelmed at the beginning. But since them, I build up a pretty huge base of things I often do, which require so much clicking and setup everytime without using UI Assist for it. Now it's a click of a button for most usecases.
I have like six 8x8 grids for almost evry need of mine, lol

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom