Question Download files to saves/scene or AddonPackages?

Justalittlesexy

Reactions
Looked at some guides for downloading scenes but they seem old and I had trouble finding the scene in game. When I download a scene from here, I just click the download button on the top of the post, and then copy the file, right? No need to extract. Do I copy it into the scenes folder or the AddonPackages? I've downloaded some scenes inside the app, and currently nothing is the the scenes folder, but there are a lot of files in the AddonPackages folder.

If the file has a .VAR extension, just drop it in the AddonPackages folder. If the file is a .ZIP, look inside it and see if there is a .VAR in there, or if it is going to explode out into the saves\scenes and/or other directories. It's up to you if you want to explode un-packaged VARs like that or not, and if so, you'll usually want to unzip them relative to the root of your \VaM installation (but I suggest you inspect the .ZIP first to see where it is going to be putting files). If you're not seeing newly added files, trying restarting VaM, or click on the "All Flattened" or "AddonPackages Flattened" buttons on the Scene Load dialog window. You might be down in a particular VAR and only seeing scenes inside that one VAR. Finally, if there are multiple versions of a VAR and you want to see older versions, you'll want to uncheck "Only Show Latest" (but typically you probably don't want to do that).

Finding_VARs.jpg

Hope that helps,

--WolfmanVR

Upvote 0
All VARs go to AddonPackages.
It's unlikely you have a scene json file, which is what /Saves/scenes folder is for, also the place used for when you save a scene.

If you're new I suggest you use these tutorials which are up to date:

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom